What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with dodo case?

flowergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad, I've always thought that, that case looked cool.

The following is from their web site...

Returns are accepted up to 45 days after original purchase date for unused products. In order to initiate a return, simply email thenest @ dodocase.com for instructions. We are able to refund the price you paid for the product, but not the shipping costs. Make sure the returned DODOcase is carefully wrapped and please get a tracking number for all return items as we are not responsible for lost DODOcases coming back to our warehouse.

Our Return Address
All returns should be shipped to DODOcase 1150 Illinois St, San Francisco, CA 94107.

Fishpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dodocase: not impressed

mine seems to be splitting in the corners... but i've never dropped it? :(

I bought a Dodocase in January, the top right corner broke 4 weeks later. They replaced it, which was very nice of them. The replacement lasted 5 weeks. They replaced it again, super customer service. The replacement broke today after less than a month. Same place.

I'm now looking for another brand of case.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does appear that recurring issues with durability and quality with Dodo are still ongoing... if you Google "iPad falls out DodoCase" you'll find a list of problems (including some of the ones mentioned here) all the way back to eight, nine months ago or more. It was for these reason I rejected DodoCase when I was looking around.

If you like Moleskine-style cases, I'd say Treegloo, Portenzo or Pad and Quill are far superior alternatives in terms of both cost and quality. (I have a Treegloo myself.)

Specialk0449

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Portenzo case and it is very nice. The only problem is that they are overwhelmed with orders right now. It takes 7 or 8 weeks to get it. The case is worth the wait in my opinion.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the small design studios - Treegloo, Portenzo, Pad and Qull, etc - can be easily overwhelmed by a sudden bump in orders, i.e. going from 50 cases a week to 5000 overnight, and there's a lot of pressure to meet that demand while not losing on quality and workmanship, as well as securing sufficient raw material (wood, vinyl, glue, linen and paper stock, etc) to produce these cases.

And because these cases are handmade to order, they have no "ready to ship" inventory lying around, and industrial/factory methods of ramping up production to meet short-term demand don't apply, i.e. if a craftsman can only make X cases in one day, then any more than X orders daily will generate a constantly increasing backlog.

I suppose they could do a better job of managing customer expectations, e.g. "Quality handmade products take time. If you order one now, it can take up to 6-8 weeks for us to get around to your order - please don't bother us until at least 8 weeks have passed, and we'll let you know when your item is ready to ship." I think customers, if kept apprised of how their orders are progressing in the queue, are generally happy to wait, esp if they know they are getting a unique, quality product at the end.

Most reactions

Latest posts