What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Treegloo case feedback anyone?

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am seriously considering buying a Treegloo case for my iPad 2. It's moleskin style similar to Dodo case etc..

I just wondered if anyone has bought the one with the ebony frame and if they feel it looks ok? I would hate to think it bulks out the length and width of the iPad or that it looked cheap.

I have asked Treegloo if they have any photos head-on of the case with an iPad 2 in it but sadly they don't.

So, I was wondering if anyone on the forums has first hand experience of the case with the ebony frame.

Thanks

Rich

Sent from my iPad using iPF

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From another thread
Rundown on leather cases for iPad
By Tzimisce
I followed his advise and canceled a case and bought another. His info is right on

Since I wrote that six months ago, it has emerged that Dodo has been having a number of problems with its durability, especially around corner pads and splitting frames: just Google 'Dodocase iPad falls out’ and you'll find videos and unhappy users complaining. That was enough for me to take it out of running.

Right now if you're looking for a Moleskine-style bookbound case, the best options would be Treegloo, Portenzo and Pad and Quill. I eventually went with the Treegloo, because of their customization options and price, although recently they've released new design changes for iPad 2 and thus been swamped with a surge of orders and a 2—3 week backlog, from what I can see from their Facebook page.

I should also add that Moleskine-style cases, by definition, are made from vinyl (like a dead-tree Moleskine notebook) and not real leather, although for a higher premium Portenzo will build you a bookbound case from genuine leather.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

OP
richrocks

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Yes, I like treegloo's customisation options which is why I think I will choose their design over the other companies. I have also noticed more favourable reviews too.

The new designs then, may answer why they can't provide me with a head-on photo of the iPad 2 in the frame. I'm particularly keen to see a photo of it sat in the ebony frame.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

moosquared

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can look at several pictures they have on their facebook page.
However, it seems that treegloo is having a few problems with shipment.
Many customers haven't received their cases (perhaps due to too many unexpected orders?). I've heard so much about the excellence of their customer service, and their cases look really nice.
I ordered mine on April 19. They said it will ship within 7-10 days via Fedex. As of today, I haven't received a shipping notification from them, but I won't worry too much about it.

StevenRiley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After much research I decided to order a cover for my IPad 2. I choose to go with Treegloo Products. They stated it was 2-4 weeks on their website. I placed my order and paid on May 4th. My confirmation email on my order from Treegloo Products thanked me for my order and also stated that my order would ship within 2-4 weeks. So 2 weeks from that date would be May 18th. I am not one of those people that start calling and bothering a company at the 2 week point. The 4 week point would be June 1st. I emailed Treegloo products than and ask for an update on my order. They emailed me back and stated that my cover would ship between June 7-8th. Will the evening of the 8th had come and I had not heard back so once again I emailed them. They emailed me back and apologized and said they would expedite my shipping when my order was shipping. They stated that my order would ship between June 16-18th. This is now 6 ½ weeks from my order that was suppose to ship in 2-4 weeks. Will it is now June 20th and I still do not have a product or shipping information. I emailed Treegloo and asked for a full refund due to their lack of ability to supply my order in a timely manner, based on their delivery dates. I was ok waiting their initial 2-4 weeks but I am not willing to wait any longer. The responded with “Your book and frame is complete and is pending final assembly. Your case will be shipping out as expected.†I do not know what they mean by expected. I expected this by June 1st. They still have not supplied me with any shipping information. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I would highly recommend ordering from someone anyone else.

AgustasGoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also had a disaterous experience. Ordered May 2011 (now May 2012) and still do not have it or a refund. Poor showing.

Most reactions

Latest posts