Can anyone suggest an iPad 3 case based on my specific needs?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by floorlizard, Jun 13, 2012.

1. floorlizard

floorlizard iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will have my new iPad 3 tomorrow and need to purchase a new case for it. Previously, I had a basic folio-style case for my original iPad. Unfortunately, it did not protect the iPad AT ALL and I ended up dropping it on the same corner on more than one occasion. This caused the on/off button and toggle swith to completely stop working and for the iPd to sporaticly shut off and on. I would like to make sure my iPad 3 stays in perfect condition even if it is dropped. Here are my needs and wants:

NEEDS
    Hard-case (at very least hard protection on all corners)
    Folio-style with cover that will flip back flat
    Built in way to stand iPad horizontally at multiple angles

WANTS
    Built in keyboard

Any help, suggestions and links are appreciated
  2. c8rams

c8rams iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I was researching ipad-keyboard cases, this was the one I'd have bought: the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover (can't link to it, b/c this is my first post, but it's easy to find on the interwebs).

It gets great reviews. But I do a lot of writing, and am NOT a fan of the compressed keyboards (and if you're buying an ipad/built-in keyboard case, ALL keyboards are compressed. No way around it). So I got the Touchtype Case, which is perfectly designed for a mac wireless keyboard and ipad -- streamlined, protected, easy access, built-in stand (horiz or vert), and I love it, love it, love it.

Good luck!
  3. pcparker

pcparker iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use the Tablet Claw. It fits most of your needs. Hope I could help!