issue with displaying low resolution images on the "new" retina ipad with ifile.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by eman27, Jun 7, 2012.

1. eman27

eman27 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi, this is my first time posting on here, hopefully you guys can help me resolve this! im going to try my best to explain this!

im an student artist and i recently bought the new ipad to use for all my reference pictures. it allows me to dedicate my whole screen laptop screen to photoshop without having to switch back n forth looking at my reference pictures.

unfortunately, 16gbs wasnt enough to hold all my pictures, so i ended up buying the cck and a 32gb sd card, thinking i could just put all my pictures on the sd card and look at them directly off from the sd card through ifile.

the problem is, due to the high resolution of the retina display, any pictures not 2048x1536 are not viewed in fit-to-screen size when i use "image viewer" in ifile. i end up having to double tap every single picture so that it could fit-to-screen and its just not a very convienent way to work for me.

to clarify my issue, i attached a picture of what my problem is, even at the picture at 1024x625, its still not showing up as fullscreen!

is there a way to look at all my pictures in fit-to-screen using the "image viewer" in ifile without having to double tap every image? using "web viewer" blows up the image completely, but the problem with that is that i cant scroll through my images using my fingers. another alternative would be to scale up all my pictures in photoshop, but i hope that would be the last option as i have over 20gb of pictures.

Attached Files:

2. jwjohnson

jwjohnson iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    This is not unique to the ipad. Many pc applications will do the same thing. Best thing to do would be to re-save your images at the full retina screen resolution.