What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile Problem

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my problem..when I'm trying to connect my external hard drive via the CCK, it is not showing up in iFile. If I use the SD card reader and pop an SD card in it shows up immediately as a flash drive. Using terminal I typed ls dev and it recognized that the drive is connected and then I manually mounted it to a folder and iFile seen it just fine. Here's what I dont get...I had to do a restore tonight and before I restored, iFile would see the drive immediately after I plugged it in like the SD card. Already tried removing and reinstalling iFile to no avail.

modojojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have to do a full restore and start over with everything. I don't understand why did you have to Use terminal to type ls dev for the drive to show? Once I installed ifile through cydia first then put the CCK/SD in the pad, clicked on ifile went to var/mt/mount1 and my SD card files were there.

Gentleman K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to do this.... "Rise old thread. Rise!"

At any rate, did you ever find a solution to this? I to remember connecting an external HD to my ipad thru the cck and iFile will notice it Immediately.

Since then i've done a restore and just tried to connect an external HD with no luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts