What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it safe to use Dictation

dr_sgivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it safe to use the Dictation feature? Coz apparently Apple use our "user data" to process our voice-to-text requests.

OP
dr_sgivo

dr_sgivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
It is perfectly fine. Why would you think it's unsafe???

Because the Dictation and Privacy policy states the following:

"The things you dictate will be recorded and sent to Apple to convert what you say into text. Your device will also send Apple other information, such as your first name and nickname; the names, nicknames, and relationship with you (e.g., “my dad”) of your address book contacts; and song names in your collection (collectively, your “User Data”). All of this data is used to help the dictation feature understand you better and recognize what you say. It is not linked to other data that Apple may have from your use of other Apple services. If you turn off Dictation, Apple will delete your User Data, as well as your recent voice input data. Older voice input data that has been disassociated from you may be retained for a period of time to generally improve Dictation and other Apple products and services. This voice input data may include audio files and transcripts of what you said and related diagnostic data, such as hardware and operating system specifications and performance statistics."

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, it's fine. :) I wouldn't be worried about apple knowing my first name and songs in my iTunes library.

OP
dr_sgivo

dr_sgivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Oh, it's fine. :) I wouldn't be worried about apple knowing my first name and songs in my iTunes library.

Okay Thans mate.

Most reactions

Latest posts