What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dictation

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
With the iOS 6 coming out soon with all the new features one of them being Siri. Does this mean Apple will be removing the dictation feature from the iPad 3? I hope not the dictation feature is my favorite on the iPad 3. can anyone please tell me can't Siri do the same things that the dictation feature can do? Thank you for any help on this

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Twerppoet
Thank you. The dictation feature helps me a lot. What do you think of it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm still playing with it, making up my mind.

I think it will require some time using it to give it a fair trial. The biggest hurdle so far is composing my thoughts before speaking (and not getting distracted int he middle of a sentence). I think much faster than I type, so I often start a sentence before I'm certain how exactly I'm going to finish it (a poor habit I admit). Speaking doesn't work as well that way. The real life um, ah, and other verbal pauses I habitually use in conversation don't turn out well. ;)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the dictation feature. It works really well. Just keep the sentences short.

The only time I don't like using dictation is when I'm in public.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's the impression I'm getting. I'm even stopping at commas as often as not; but I tend to talk and type with an overabundance of commas.

(used the semicolon just so I could be self-contradicting)

robbyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think people are still not used to speaking with their devices. paradoxically, many are more productive typing than speaking ( i know I am )

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still playing with it, making up my mind.

I think it will require some time using it to give it a fair trial. The biggest hurdle so far is composing my thoughts before speaking (and not getting distracted int he middle of a sentence). I think much faster than I type, so I often start a sentence before I'm certain how exactly I'm going to finish it (a poor habit I admit). Speaking doesn't work as well that way. The real life um, ah, and other verbal pauses I habitually use in conversation don't turn out well. ;)

My thoughts exactly. Every time I use it, I need to compose the sentences in my head first before hitting the dictation button. Most of the time it works well and pretty accurate. But I only use it when I'm alone. Hehehe.

Most reactions

Latest posts