What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dictation is the best part of the iPad 3

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always thought Siri was useless but now that I've been playing around with the dictation option of the iPad 3 I'm head over heels. I find myself using the dictation more and more in fact I've been writing all my post with the dictation tool. One thing for sure as this becomes normal standard views Apple may Change the Way, America speaks.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always thought Siri was useless but now that I've been playing around with the dictation option of the iPad 3 I'm head over heels. I find myself using the dictation more and more in fact I've been writing all my post with the dictation tool. One thing for sure as this becomes normal standard views Apple may Change the Way, America speaks.

The only problem is it only understands American Accent !! Largely ! Maybe British but what about rest of the world !!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would not say is is the best feature, but it is a very good one. I use it on the new iPad and on the iPhone 4S. The only time I feel it is not useful is when around others. I don't like to speak my messages when others can hear. Fortunately, I'm alone most of the time.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was talking to my brother yesterday; he has a 2. He was asking specifically what the 3 had that his didn't, and I mentioned the fabulous screen, the 4g, the longer battery life, blah blah blah...none of which impressed him much. As an afterthought I said, "oh, and there is the voice dictation". THAT is what got him excited, and now he's considering selling off his 2 in order to upgrade.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was talking to my brother yesterday; he has a 2. He was asking specifically what the 3 had that his didn't, and I mentioned the fabulous screen, the 4g, the longer battery life, blah blah blah...none of which impressed him much. As an afterthought I said, "oh, and there is the voice dictation". THAT is what got him excited, and now he's considering selling off his 2 in order to upgrade.

He is right that that feature alone is worth the upgrade if you can sell it. Suggest that he check with Amazon trade in...and have him be sure to look through all the merchants as there is a range of prices offered. And he needs to be honest about the condition of his iPad. They give guidelines to help you.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not say is is the best feature, but it is a very good one. I use it on the new iPad and on the iPhone 4S. The only time I feel it is not useful is when around others. I don't like to speak my messages when others can hear. Fortunately, I'm alone most of the time.

Billy-no-mates?

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess Best is a little over rated, I got caught up in the moment. I don't have a 4s and no one I know uses SIRI at all. But for me while sitting around it really works well for me. I guess the best feature could be the screen, but it only stands out it in pictures currently for me. Speed well that's not dramatic, Battery life; same as the 2 4lte sure its great but I'm mostly on WiFi. So again ti comes back to what the dictation which I love. If it only learned inflections it would be perfect.

iPadAppMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is one of those features that will be loved by some, and hated by many.

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadAppMan said:
I think this is one of those features that will be loved by some, and hated by many.

I can't master it yet. But I did dictate this. Short sentences work best for me.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

Most reactions

Latest posts