Is extended apple care worth it??

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jrp95, May 26, 2011.

1. jrp95

jrp95
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have had my iPad 2 for under 3 months but soon my complementary apple care will run out. Should I buy the two year extension?? Is it worth the cost? I know it is a safe move but I don't really think it is worth it. Thanks!:confused:

2. singlestick

singlestick
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I rarely buy extended care warranties, but I did in the case of the iPad. I had a problem with my iPad near the end of the initial warranty period, and could not quite find the answer in the various support forums (and I did not know about this site at the time). The Apple rep had the right answer. I figured that I would be willing to pay to hopefully save time in getting to an answer quickly, if necessary

Also, I had bought a first gen iPad. I figured there was a chance that it was more likely that issues would arise that no one yet had a clear answer to. So far, this has not been a big issue.

I figured that since I had paid a good bit of money for the iPad, it would be worth it to have the longer coverage.

Finally, I figured that there would be a good chance that I would hang onto my iPad until at least a third generation device became available, and so I again thought longer coverage would be good.

Anyway, these are the major considerations I thought about in making my decision.

3. cypress

cypress
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    IMO i think its worth it in the long run.

4. Videographer

Videographer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I agree. You never know what could happen down the road, especially with electronic gadgets. I don't like having to fork out money for warranties, but they can save you big time. I have a home warranty program that I pay monthly. If I add up all what I would have spent on home and appliance repairs, over the last two years if I didn't have home warranty . . . well you know what I mean. Considering the cost of these iPads, the Apples Care program is deffinately worth it.

5. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Only if you need it

Like Clint Eastwood said, "Do you feel lucky?"

6. jimmy4fingers

jimmy4fingers
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Don't waste your money get the zagg warranty it covers breakage and accidental seriously the best warranty out there !

7. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Zaggsafe

Per their website, "We are currently not accepting ZAGGsafe signups at this time"

8. King.Khoja

King.Khoja
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I havnt gotten one and I bought my iPad not to long ago. I think I might fork out the $79 for 2 years. But than again I do 'baby' my ipad so I dont know if it would be worth it.

9. singlestick

singlestick
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    One other consideration. Some people mainly use their iPads at home and around the house. I take mine with me on a daily commute on trains and buses. I have seen people dangle and drop their laptops. I've seen laptops drop out of backpacks. I am careful, but I realize that portability entails some extra risk.

And so I wanted to offset that extra risk with the longer warranty. But of course, your mileage may vary.

10. DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    LOok at this way , can you work on the electronics of it. for. $79.00 for 2 years and pretty much full coverage it figures out to be $40.00 per yr.or $3.36 per mo. Your initial cost depending on model $500.00. The ratio is pretty good on replacement, etc.
    Dickster------