What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty yes or no.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You tell them wolf! Totally off topic.
I would not purchase an extended warranty, no worries

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, if you want one, get a squaretrade warranty instead of AppleCare. They are cheaper (especially if you use a coupon code) and they include accidental breakage.
Starts at $99. Where can we find the a coupon code?

retailmenot.com usually has them up and I signed up for squaretrade's email list so they send me coupon codes about once a month or so. You can also try Googling "squaretrade coupon code."

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm in the financial and insurance business and know how this all works.

No.

Use a gold or plat card and double the manufacturer's warranty. That's all I ever do.

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
papierschmetterling said:
I'm going be getting an iPad 2 and want to know if you think it's worth paying 109 extra for the two years apple care? Has anyone had any big problems with their iPads requiring warranty work?

I think it all depends on whether or not you plan on upgrading when Apple releases new iPads. I think it would be a waste if you are not planning on hanging onto it lol, If you know for a fact that you will be keeping it or passing it onto a family member etc. then I say go for it if it will give you a peace of mind. I didn't get Apple Care because my iPad is basically covered by my USAA account. We are covered up to certain amount so if anything goes wrong with any of the electronics in our home, they are replaced.

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

Last edited:

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
autumnbaby said:
retailmenot.com usually has them up and I signed up for squaretrade's email list so they send me coupon codes about once a month or so. You can also try Googling "squaretrade coupon code."

I did that and found a 30% off code which got me 3 years for ~$100

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts