What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty yes or no.

Reaction score
Website
hallowelt.name
I'm going be getting an iPad 2 and want to know if you think it's worth paying 109 extra for the two years apple care? Has anyone had any big problems with their iPads requiring warranty work?

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any problems you might have with a dud will most likely manifest themselves within the first 12 months.

Don't waste your money.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, if you want one, get a squaretrade warranty instead of AppleCare. They are cheaper (especially if you use a coupon code) and they include accidental breakage.

OP
P
Reaction score
Website
hallowelt.name

hisnibs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Klutz?

If you plan to use your Ipad in the real world, you might consider a replacement warranty from Square Trade. I did.
My ipad slid off of my passenger seat on the way to work today. When I started to use it I noticed the glass screen cover was cracked.

Also the cover that you by for it comes with grooves that capture grit and rub around on your screen if you are using your iPad in the wild.

Yes, I take mine out in my Kayak for when I find a shady non reflective spot to float and read.

If you feel that your are inclined to be a klutz, get a Square Trade Warranty with accidental damage coverage..

Rao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sbmgroup.mu
Dear all, i have a new IPAD 2 64 GB , WIfi and 3 G and i have loaded ITune. its powered on.

how should i load Microsoft office on the IPAD 2

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dear all, i have a new IPAD 2 64 GB , WIfi and 3 G and i have loaded ITune. its powered on.

Microsoft Office will not run on an iPad there are however several apps that will allow you to use documents created by some of the office programs. I use Documents To Go but there are several other options out there. I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone tried MissionRepair for a warranty? I'm really at a loss as to which plan to go with.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Step 1: Remove Office CD's from packaging.

Step 2: Apply glue to the CD's.

Step 3: Glue the CD's to the iPad.

There are Microsoft Office "lookalikes" available in the app store. (Documents To Go and Quick Office are the most popular.) Or you can purchase Apple's word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software that are "Office compatible." Look for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote in the app store.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rao said:

Way to hijack this thread. Try searching and if you don't find what you are looking for, create a new thread instead of hacking someone else's that is about a totally different subject.

Most reactions

Latest posts