What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad4 Shortcuts

RichardGaspa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question for you folks that owned an IPad for a while but I am new so I don't know the answer. Can someone tell me how many shortcuts I can make on the Ipad4?

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question for you folks that owned an IPad for a while but I am new so I don't know the answer. Can someone tell me how many shortcuts I can make on the Ipad4?

If by shortcuts you are referring to your installed Apps then the answer is it would be subject to how many Apps you can install before running out of storage space.

As each App would be of different size one could not then accurately state the total amount allowed.

OP
RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If by shortcuts you are referring to your installed Apps then the answer is it would be subject to how many Apps you can install before running out of storage space.

As each App would be of different size one could not then accurately state the total amount allowed.

When I was referring to shortcuts I was thinking of when you add a shortcut word and a phrase is typed. I was wondering if you can have more than one shortcut?

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I was referring to shortcuts I was thinking of when you add a shortcut word and a phrase is typed. I was wondering if you can have more than one shortcut?
Not with the default clipboard, it only stores the one item.
If you are not jailbroken then have a look in the App Store for 'Clipboard Manager'. If jailbroken you could use 'Clips'.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Your magic iPad can do anything...if it's difficult, takes a minute... The impossible a bit longer go to Settings>Keyboard>Shortcuts and design the templates you want. You can have long tracts of text appear by just typing a short keyword. And yes you can have many shortcuts.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course...... And there was I thinking the OP was referring to the clipboard.

And that's exactly what I was thinking at the start, mate. Then I saw the later post. It's these time zone differences. Hard to get on top of them sometimes.
Regards, Andrew

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The only answer I can give is - we don't know. How's that for helpful? :)

However, I remember a post on this forum a while back where the poster was trying to transfer, to his iPad, over 1,000 shortcuts he had made on his iPhone (link: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...5-importing-keyboard-shortcuts-iphone-4s.html).

So, if that poster is to be believed (that he had over 1K) I'm going to guess that you can make a lot! :D

Sorry to not be more precise (I only have 16 shortcuts)... But, maybe that will reassure?

Marilyn

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And that's exactly what I was thinking at the start, mate. Then I saw the later post. It's these time zone differences. Hard to get on top of them sometimes.
Regards, Andrew

Time Zones.... Yep, you are so spot on Andrew. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts