What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect to work server via VPN

fuchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello -- I have an Ipad4, wifi only. My work uses Nortel Contivity to connect remotely to work server. Can I do this on the Ipad4 and how? And if so, how can I access files that are saved on a windows based system? If someone has done this, how is this interface (i.e. do you get freezed out, etc)?

I looked through posts to find an answer and could not -- sorry if I missed it.

Thanks,
Rob

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I highly recommend you contact your companies IT department to get the specific settings you need to accomplish your goal.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The settings are nearly identical to a PC. Launch Settings, then General, then VPN, then Add VPN Configuration... and that will get you thru that part.

Now once you are on the network, how you deal with the files and information you want to retrieve is a whole 'nother ball of wax that I have no experience in. Hopefully someone can chime in with further advice.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello -- I have an Ipad4, wifi only. My work uses Nortel Contivity to connect remotely to work server. Can I do this on the Ipad4 and how? And if so, how can I access files that are saved on a windows based system? If someone has done this, how is this interface (i.e. do you get freezed out, etc)?

I looked through posts to find an answer and could not -- sorry if I missed it.

Thanks,
Rob

Seems like it would be more hassle than it's worth......I've thought of trying the same thing as I VPN to work very often from home.
But, I'm paranoid I may mess up files or settings on my work PC and don't want to risk it.
IMHO I think this is going well beyond what the iPad is intended to do........especially accessing files on a PC.

If you figure it out please check back and let us all know.

Last edited:
OP
F

fuchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually just want to connect to work network/server, not to my work PC.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To use the Nortel Contivity VPN, you need to use the PPTP protocol and not IPSec. The IPSec implementation in iOS only works with the Cisco IPSec protocol.

Most reactions