1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad2 4.3.5 update problem

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by irbow, Aug 14, 2011.

1. irbow

irbow iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I have an ipad2 running ios4.3.4 and a PPC G5 Mac using itunes 10.4 (80) I had previously downloaded the 4.3.5 update but chose to install later. When I did choose to update I got the following message.

The ipad "xxx" could not be updated. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

I clicked the link to Apples help and have followed their suggestions but nothing changes. I am not desperate for this upgrade as everything else is working as normal but I don't want to be in a position where I can't restore if something goes wrong or update to ios 5 when it comes out. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Iain
  2. peled

peled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    4.3.5 is an upgrade that came to serve Apple, in order to block Jailbreak. Don't spend any energy, to try and get that version.
    Wait for version 5 coming on Sep-Nov. It would be possible to upgrade into 5 even from a version 3 - You can be sure of that.