What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, I have an updating software problem

Zandriya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi, So I got my Ipad around early december, and to my surprise I have never updated it. I don't know if that matters, I have synced my movies/apps/movies etc., but somehow I just overlooked the update software area :(
So now my Ipad has been "downloading 1 item" "Ipad software update" for almost two days now. I am not sure if I caused the problem by not updating it promptly when i got it and every now and again, if it's being caused by a contaminated application or file... i just don't know what the deal is, but i am really starting to get nervous that something is wrong with it.
please help :)

On a side note i am also having a problem with my IPad crashing anytime I scroll through my pictures, it goes to a black screen and then takes about a minute or two to turn back on to the apple screen and then finally my home screen.
I don't know if this is part of the issue or not.

Hope that was detailed enough, any help is much appreciated.
(a detailed fix would be optimal...:))

Thanks
~flower

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zandriya said:
Hi, So I got my Ipad around early december, and to my surprise I have never updated it. I don't know if that matters, I have synced my movies/apps/movies etc., but somehow I just overlooked the update software area :(
So now my Ipad has been "downloading 1 item" "Ipad software update" for almost two days now. I am not sure if I caused the problem by not updating it promptly when i got it and every now and again, if it's being caused by a contaminated application or file... i just don't know what the deal is, but i am really starting to get nervous that something is wrong with it.
please help :)

On a side note i am also having a problem with my IPad crashing anytime I scroll through my pictures, it goes to a black screen and then takes about a minute or two to turn back on to the apple screen and then finally my home screen.
I don't know if this is part of the issue or not.

Hope that was detailed enough, any help is much appreciated.
(a detailed fix would be optimal...:))

Thanks
~flower

IPad should not be taking two days to download anything. Something is wrong. Cancel it if u can, unplug it, and try to do a reset. While iPad on, hold home and sleep button down at the same time for 5-10 secs. It should reboot to apple logo screen. If that didn't help, try a hard reset. With iPad off, hold down sleep and home button t same time for like 30secs. It will seem like a long time but keep holding. IPad should reboot once or twice. Then hopefully u good to go. If none of those work, I'd do a restore, from a backup, on iTunes. It'll put u back to the last time u backed up ur iPad and it was wring fine.
As far as the crashing during photos, I had that happen on an older iOS version. So I'm assuming u on an old one. Just upgrade the iOS version, once u get it wrk in..lol, to the latest firmware and u should be good, no more crashing. The latest firmware ver. Is 4.3.1. Plus an untethered jailbreak was released an hour or so ago for it, if u want to jailbreak. I'm on 4.2.1 and I never had those photos crash on me anymore. It gets really annoying so I know where you coming from. It's a bug in the older firmware causing that problem. Once I upgraded, it went away ;-)

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

OP
Zandriya

Zandriya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Okay thank you, I am going to try that.

As far as jailbreaking goes, i have now researched it, watched several videos and read most of the posts in the "hacking" section of the forum, but I am wondering if you know of a really solid link that goes into fine detail about jailbreaking. I get the basics and think it would be really helpful, but I can't seem to find a diverse amount of information... I think I don't know what to google haha. I mostly get people asking questions about it, but I really just want some facts. :)

thanks again

~flower

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zandriya said:
Okay thank you, I am going to try that.

As far as jailbreaking goes, i have now researched it, watched several videos and read most of the posts in the "hacking" section of the forum, but I am wondering if you know of a really solid link that goes into fine detail about jailbreaking. I get the basics and think it would be really helpful, but I can't seem to find a diverse amount of information... I think I don't know what to google haha. I mostly get people asking questions about it, but I really just want some facts. :)

thanks again

~flower

Did u look at the sticky thread in hacking section. It's called jail brake explained.

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

OP
Zandriya

Zandriya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
yes I did, but I will give it another look and read through the posts as well.

and just so you know your tip worked and my Ipad is all synced and backed up and updated and happy :D thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts