What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't open after jailbreaking iOS 7

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
evasion recently released the new iOS 7 jailbreak.

I did the jailbreak. But after doing so my iPad won't open. It would simply go to the apple logo then flicker and shut off. I did this again and again and again, I tried rebooting it but it still happens.

Anyway to fix this or is this just normal? I will try to drain its battery and see if it works.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perform a hard reset and see if the injections are still cached on your device. You may need to restore your device and start afresh.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hold the power and home button until you see the Apple logo and release

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Backup and restore the device. Most likely a corrupted cache

Since I have a really bad wi-fi. I will wait for it in the night. Also it says serial number n/a. What does that mean? I was still able to restore my iPad though.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Improper off-loading. A meta plist is corrupted on your device, which can be resolved with a restore

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Improper off-loading. A meta plist is corrupted on your device, which can be resolved with a restore

I am lucky I have a iCloud save.

Also does downloading of apps while jailbreaking may cause this? I was downloading a lot of apps, and 2 big games too.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More than likely. During the jailbreaking process, the utility explicitly states to not touch the device on both Evasi0n for iOS 6 as well as Evasion for iOS 7.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More than likely. During the jailbreaking process, the utility explicitly states to not touch the device on both Evasi0n for iOS 6 as well as Evasion for iOS 7.

Damn. Well I should move out of jailbreaking for now. Well until my downloads finish (And I have more apps to download too).

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad would turn on and go out of recovery mode. But iTunes would still do recovery mode. Is this normal?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure what the second part means. If you're recovery looping, you'll need to restore in DFU mode.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure what the second part means. If you're recovery looping, you'll need to restore in DFU mode.

The iPad is still connected. But it goes out of recovery mode but iTunes is still download the iPad software update.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your device is attempting to loop. Place the iPad into DFU mode rather than leaving it in Recovery Mode. DFU mode ensures that the mechanics in Evasi0n7 are not interfering with the restore process and thrusting out issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts