What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't open after jailbreaking iOS 7

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your device is attempting to loop. Place the iPad into DFU mode rather than leaving it in Recovery Mode. DFU mode ensures that the mechanics in Evasi0n7 are not interfering with the restore process and thrusting out issues.

How can I do that?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plug the device into your computer. Hold the power and home button together for 10 full seconds. Your screen should now be black. After 10 full seconds and a black screen, release the power button but keep holding the home button until iTunes recognizes your device in Recovery Mode once again. Your computer should also recognize new hardware being plugged in at this point as well. Your screen on your device should now be pitch black as if it's turned off or on standby. When restoring, since you're downloading the IPSW already, hold shift (Windows) or command (OS X) and click on the "Restore iPad..." button. Point it to the 7.0.4 IPSW that you've downloaded, and let iTunes do its thing.

Essentially follow this guide here.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plug the device into your computer. Hold the power and home button together for 10 full seconds. Your screen should now be black. After 10 full seconds and a black screen, release the power button but keep holding the home button until iTunes recognizes your device in Recovery Mode once again. Your computer should also recognize new hardware being plugged in at this point as well. Your screen on your device should now be pitch black as if it's turned off or on standby. When restoring, since you're downloading the IPSW already, hold shift (Windows) or command (OS X) and click on the "Restore iPad..." button. Point it to the 7.0.4 IPSW that you've downloaded, and let iTunes do its thing.

Essentially follow this guide here.

Thank you for your help!

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theres a known issue, they say 'If you OTA updated your device, back it up in iTunes and make a FULL restore before applying evasi0n7'

Problems with evasi0n7? Here?s what to do

I have tried this though but cannot get it to work. I am going to watch over next few days to see if this issue is resolved.

Trellaine201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any fix?

Same issues even after DFU mode and restoring to the latest firmware.

Keeps looping, and never boots up. :(

Haha lucky for me I have an ipad air. Until I can figure out what the problem is and how to solve it.

I will be looking here for more suggestions for a fix.

Thanks

I have an ipad2

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
The problem you have described The ~Seraphim~ sounds to me like one I have had previously, it is caused by leaving a passcode on your ipad before performing the Jailbreak.

It is a known problem that can sometimes occur when you have failed to go into settings and turn it off, it will then after hitting the Evasion button on your ipad go into a loop of apple sign then black screen, apple sign then black screen.........The only way out of this is following a fine tutorial of DFU mode here http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Once done, turn off pass code and retry the Jailbreak

Hope this helps

Trellaine201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate your quick response. I did turn off findipad and pretty sure pass code was disabled/off.

I did manage to at least get it to boot back up/restored.

I have seen many people with my same issue. Must be problems with evasion on ipad2 at least.

Thanks again.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For those that still want to persevere on this journey, first backup your device, then restore. Instead of restoring the backup immediately, set up as a new device, jailbreak, and see if the same issue exists.

Trellaine201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after attempting the restore and set up as new ipad2. then jailbreaking. am i suppose to get the last screen "reading kernel" etc?

ugh it doesnt matter. I tried the method suggested. setting up as new etc. I get the same loop.

Must be an issue with the jb I guess. Not that I would know.

Thanks

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Basically I managed to restore my iPad. I tried jailbreaking, first set up as new iPad and skipped adding in passcodes. It happened again, right after the kernel screen it does the same problem I had yesterday.

I am now restoring it again and gonna stay away until the evad3rs know this, also guys I don't know but maybe try removing your apple ID, or iCloud and any there accounts out of your iPad.

Trellaine201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmm jb seem to work with my ipad air BUT now reading about controversy and privacy issues from evader?

Should I restore and not have the jb? Ugh

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts