What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad looping with Apple logo after jailbreaking

ufalumni93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a ipad 3,which was working fine before I tried to jailbreak it. The Ipad was in IOS 7 and my iTunes is up to date also. After I jailbroke it wit evasiOn7, my ipad continues to show the Apple logo and loops about every 5-7mins. My on/off button doesn't turn it off now but when I do a hard reset it turns it off and on again but goes back to looping. Another thing my iTunes doesn't pick the ipad up now and when I plug into the wall outlet to charge I don't get the usually sound when it starts to charge. If I let the ipad drain all the way do you think that would fix the problem. Any suggestions please.
Thank guys.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did this happen directly after the jailbreaking process? Or did it happen after the installation of a package.

OP
U

ufalumni93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happened right after I hit the evasi0n logo that was on the iPad. Just can't seem to understand why the on/off button won't work now and why the iTunes won't pick it up when I plug the iPad in.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Force it into DFU mode. You said it loops every few minutes. You only need a window of 3 seconds to initiate DFU mode. During the boot loop, once you see the Apple logo, press and hold both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power but keep holding the home button until iTunes or your computer recognizes new hardware.

Visually, your device should be on the Apple logo, then the screen turns pitch black with no backlighting and remains so. It's more difficult to do the power off first method while looping. Make sure your device is plugged in while doing so.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It happened right after I hit the evasi0n logo that was on the iPad. Just can't seem to understand why the on/off button won't work now and why the iTunes won't pick it up when I plug the iPad in.
Did you happen to do the ios 7.0.4 update over wifi? That's what happened to me. I had to press and hold the power/home button , wait till apple logo appears keep holding them, the connect to itunes prompt should come up. Connect to itunes and do a restore then re jailbreak.

Most reactions