What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad with Dropbox

miguels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After saving a webpage to my Dropbox folder, the .webarchive file opens up in Dropbox as html code.
Is there any way I can make it open in readable text without having to use goodreader to view the file?

Michael

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After saving a webpage to my Dropbox folder, the .webarchive file opens up in Dropbox as html code.
Is there any way I can make it open in readable text without having to use goodreader to view the file?

Michael
What are you using to view web pages on your iPad (Safari, Atomic Web, etc.)? Then how are you saving the web pages to DropBox? A few more details will help. TIA.

FWIW, here are instructions for using the Atomic Web browser app (highly recommended) to save files directly to DropBox.

http://glasskeys.com/2011/04/03/how-to-use-dropbox-with-atomic-web-browser-on-the-ipad-iphone/

Although it talks about downloading and saving files, the same process would apply for saving an entire web page. I just tried it and it works perfectly.

Last edited:
OP
M

miguels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rich,

I use Safari to save the web page direct to my Dropbox folder on my Laptop, which as you know, then updates the Dropbox folder on the Ipad, everything quite basic.

On the Ipad:
When I open my Dropbox folder, tap on the .webarchive documemt, it opens up in html code, not easy to read direct!

Regards
Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts