What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Expert - Deleting?

strutter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the new PDF expert app, and both have dropbox synced to them. I want to delete the dropbox folder synced to my old PDF expert app, but I am afraid that if I do it, I will end up deleting all my files when I open up the dropbox app. How can I delete the dropbox folder in my old PDF expert file without deleting any files in dropbox or the new PDF expert? Having duplicate files is taking up a lot of space...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you just move the files from the old app's folder into the new app's folder? Then, with the old app's folder empty, you can delete it without having to worry about losing data.

Just a thought...?

Marilyn

OP
S

strutter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you just move the files from the old app's folder into the new app's folder? Then, with the old app's folder empty, you can delete it without having to worry about losing data. Just a thought...? Marilyn

I transferred all the files from the old app to the new app, but the old stuff is still there.... The files are not empty in the old app, but still there.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you go into Dropbox (not via the PDF app ... via the Dropbox app or your computer), are all your files in the new app AND the old app folder(s)? If yes, then I'd say you can safely delete the old folder.

However, to make sure all is good - I'd recommend copying the old folder and saving it with a new name in Dropbox. Then, delete the old folder. If the files are good (you can access them from your new app), then you can delete the copied folder.

Or, if it turns out that the files DO get deleted, you'll still have them and can restore the folder.

Hopefully, that makes sense. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
S

strutter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you go into Dropbox (not via the PDF app ... via the Dropbox app or your computer), are all your files in the new app AND the old app folder(s)? If yes, then I'd say you can safely delete the old folder. However, to make sure all is good - I'd recommend copying the old folder and saving it with a new name in Dropbox. Then, delete the old folder. If the files are good (you can access them from your new app), then you can delete the copied folder. Or, if it turns out that the files DO get deleted, you'll still have them and can restore the folder. Hopefully, that makes sense. Good luck. Marilyn

Thanks! That really helps... I'll backup the files just in case.

Most reactions

Latest posts