What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 Pages Application to my Dropbox

miguels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I create a Pages document on my Ipad, I send it to ITunes, go to the Apps section, select Pages, then save the document to my Dropbox folder on my laptop desktop.
This then appears in my Ipads Dropbox folder.

Is there any way I can send it more directly from Ipad to my Dropbox on the Ipad?

Michael

Reaction score
miguels said:
Is there any way I can send it more directly from Ipad to my Dropbox on the Ipad?

Michael

You can import&export documents from Pages directly into Dropbox.

To integrate Dropbox into Pages/Numbers/Keyboards, you will need to use a service, such as Dropdav http://www.dropdav.com/.

All you need to do is set up an account with them (if your Dropbox account is free, then Dropdav is also free, otherwise it costs 30% of the Dropbox subscription). After you create an account there, just go to Pages, select Copy to WebDav and set the server to https://dav.dropdav.com, and for the user name and password, use the dropbox account credentials.

Now, everytime you want to export the document, just choose "Copy to WebDAV" and the document is stored directly in Dropbox.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing....thanks DUMI...seems that apple rarely updates their apps?

And btw ~ congrats on the new mod status...:D

OP
M

miguels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DUMI and Outl4w

Thanks a lot guys, it worked a treat and so easy to transfer now. Really happy.
This is a great forum

Michael

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing....thanks DUMI...seems that apple rarely updates their apps?

And btw ~ congrats on the new mod status...:D

To be fair, DropBox is just a popular serivice. WebDAV is a standard that many servers use, or should use. If you are only going to support one, the standard make smore sense.

Most reactions

Latest posts