What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad survives unharmed after softball fan uses it to shield from a foul ball

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

​
If you ever wondered how solid an iPad really is, you might have been dazzled to read about the flying tablet that got stuck in a car’s bumper and survived the journey unharmed. This week comes another story that’s going to showcase how durable the iPad really is, and in some cases it might even shield you from a nasty hit.

The whole adventure has been captured on video. Everything started at the Northern Iowa softball game. A senior citizen is sitting there watching the game, when the idea comes to him - he should record the players. So he starts doing so using by using his iPad camera. Granted, this is a feature not widely used by iPad owners. Anyway our character must have been glad he decided to use this feat, as a couple of minutes into the shooting, a foul ball is launched directly into his direction. The stars must have been aligned, because there was n​​othing to shield the fan’s face but his iPad.

After the impact, the iPad survived and continued to function without a problem. So did the citizen. After recovering from the shock, the football fan resumed where he had left off. The wired fence might have helped in this case to minimize the impact.

But even so, this goes to show that those worrying too much about damaging their tablets, have actually not much to worry about. The iPad is rock solid.

Source: BustedCoverage

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
See what can happen if you record the game without the express written persons of Major League Baseball? They all warned us that bad things could happen and here you go; video proof.

I will destroy my copies of all game videos I recorded without the express written permission of Major League Baseball.
Now that I think of it, I am looking to replace those tags I removed from my sofa and pillows. I was warned that they cannot be removed under penalty of law and I am scared.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But Bob that would be true but this was a softball game not a MLB game
tongue.png

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But Bob that would be true but this was a softball game not a MLB game :p

Same rules and harsh penalties apply. I know the truth. MLB not owns all of Baseball, but they have a strangelhold on almost everything utilizing a round ball. however, they do not, I repeat DO NOT have anything to do with curling, thank the gods in the heavens above.

Even softball is under their hard line rule and iron fist. I know the truth, so you better wise up, pal. You have been warned, so when MLB comes for you, you will see.

Mr. Kenesaw Mountain Landis told me, so there. Do not mess with him; does he look like he will tolerate violations? I think not, my good sir!

Landis.png

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Meh the MLB are nothing but Mucho Lousy Bozos

Most reactions

Latest posts