What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Stand for Typing

vwgm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Just want to point out that GroovyStand have a new model called "Writer"
It is nice and small and is very stable for typing in portrait or landscape. Very inexpensive also. http://www.groovystand.com

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just not seeing groovy in this stand. No offense, just not to my liking. Looks like someone just really wanted to get something out there to sell as fast as possible. QVC anyone?

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just not seeing groovy in this stand. No offense, just not to my liking. Looks like someone just really wanted to get something out there to sell as fast as possible. QVC anyone?
Well, you may not like it...

But you do realize that the term groovy is double meaning, meaning that the method of standing the device, is the groove cut into the simple base...?

Don't assume other people will not like it.
Especially if you want a stand at work, and home, and bed, and to carry with you. The cheap, simple ones, like the business card holder, and this, and document holders, are going to fill the bill really well.
. . . even if you are going to buy one of the fancier, expensive ones also.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I ordered one of the two groove writer ones. These look like one of few holders out there that would slip easily into a bag, with the pad..... I am a sucker for minimalist stuff.

Oche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. Looks pretty nice for a table. Not sure it would be comfortable in someones lap. I like the multi angle stands though.

Gary

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered one of the two groove writer ones. These look like one of few holders out there that would slip easily into a bag, with the pad..... I am a sucker for minimalist stuff.

How do you like it so far? I keep thinking about ordering one, but I'm just not sure if it's what I'm looking for.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's groovy. Has a good beat and I can dance to it! - LOL.

I actually like the ability to just toss it in a bag and be on your way. Thanks for posting.

Eochs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will these work with a case on the iPad? How tightly does it fit in sans case?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't use one for typing. A prolonged use will dent the back side where the top of the groove contacts the back of the iPad. The proverbial lever effect.

Worse, if something falls on top it'll just bend at that point possibly even cracking the screen. It would be better to have total back support instead of just edge support.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

How do you like it so far? I keep thinking about ordering one, but I'm just not sure if it's what I'm looking for.

I have not received it yet.... And that brings up my issues with the seller. The email I got from them said 5 days to ship, and 7-10 days for delivery. Wow, am I back in the pony express days? Just pick it up and send the little tihing by USPS Priority mail. I would have it it 2-3 days instead of 13-16 days. I thought about canceling the order, but could not find a way to cancel.....

With the 5 days to ship it makes me think this person is making them as they are ordered, and does not even have an inventory. I have yet even to receive notice that it has shipped......

Lesson learned....

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. . . With the 5 days to ship it makes me think this person is making them as they are ordered, and does not even have an inventory. I have yet even to receive notice that it has shipped......

Lesson learned....

Could be with all the new IPads going out,
They are just not tooled up to the rate of orders.

Good luck! And let us know when it comes!

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered the dual. For what I need a stand for, it looks perfect for me and at a pretty good price. If I need a stand that charges I'll use my fiance's OEM apple dock. But basicall i want a stand I can put next to my work comp to watch movies on while working and some of the other stands that are out right now are absurdly priced IMO. I also don't mind if it takes a little while to get here. I'll report back on it here when it does arrive.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Wanted to update......

The money was taken from my Paypal account on the 19th, and I have yet to receive notice it has even shipped. And I looked again, and can find no way to cancel the order. I am not please at all with their customer service.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wanted to update......

The money was taken from my Paypal account on the 19th, and I have yet to receive notice it has even shipped. And I looked again, and can find no way to cancel the order. I am not please at all with their customer service.
That sucks.
How much was it worth with shipping and all?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Wanted to update......

That sucks.
How much was it worth with shipping and all?

Last update... I was able to email the guy and cancel the order. It was refunded to my Paypal account, so all is good.

The main problem I have is by their own confirmation email it could be up to a week to ship, and then up to two weeks in shipping. My great grandfather could have ordered something from a Sears catalog in 1890 and got it faster than that.....

Most reactions

Latest posts