What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just discovered a very cheap iPad stand

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
www.groovystand.com

It's not as nice looking as the joule iPad stand, but you sure can't beat the price for a stand that's designed to hold the iPad ($6.99).

I emailed sales to see if it would hold an iPad with a rubber case installed and they said they will have another stand available in a few days that will accomodate the thicker size. I'll definitely be ordering a couple.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool, if they'd come with an integrated dock-adapter for charging and syncing.
:D

I like the stand - pretty cool looking.

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very innovative, and the price is right! and you could always use it for what it was intended for later.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All those stands have drawback, a major one. So you can use them YOU NEED A TABLE!!!

It brings you back to the same setups one would use with an office computer or most any laptop.

And this one looks tippy to the sides...

Last edited:
OP
TheBaron

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All those stands have drawback, a major one. So you can use them YOU NEED A TABLE!!!

It brings you back to the same setups one would use with an office computer or most any laptop.

I don't see needing a table as a drawback. I mainly want the stand for two applications: i want to be able to use it as a digital photo frame on my book shelf while it's charging. That'll extend it's usefulness even when I'm not using it.
I also want an easy way to prop it up so my 3 year old can watch movies when we go out to dinner.
Maybe I'm missing your point though.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sleek bamboo stand

What about that one ?? with the hole let the cable go inside for synch and recharge the iPad in the stand ??

and can accept iPad in is silicone case

Attachments

• iPad Sleek Stand-2.jpg
    iPad Sleek Stand-2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 672
  • iPad Sleek Stand-1.jpg
    iPad Sleek Stand-1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,342

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad stand SleekGear

What about that one ?? with the hole let the cable go inside for synch and recharge the iPad in the stand ??

and can accept iPad in is silicone case

Nice work, but too small stand......looks like it easily can tumble.

You are right as this one be a testing sample, the final one is more large and less hight ... frankly speaking i have 6 samples stand but the one i like is the bamboo one

geo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the simplicity but it doesn't look very sturdy. All I would need is one of my cats bumping into that.

When is SLEEK going to open??

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't see needing a table as a drawback. I mainly want the stand for two applications: i want to be able to use it as a digital photo frame on my book shelf while it's charging. That'll extend it's usefulness even when I'm not using it.
I also want an easy way to prop it up so my 3 year old can watch movies when we go out to dinner.
Maybe I'm missing your point though.
I'd rather have some kind of an arm with the ability to adjust at any comfortable position. Just like those you see for computer monitors in banks, offices and other institutions. It should allow a safe grip for rotation, easy grip release to pick it out and wire channelling to keep it charged. The unit could be clamped next to a sofa or bed for extended reading or it could be a stand alone movable base that can be carried from room to room like a microphone boom stand.

Oche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it. I can't totally see it on my desk at work. Maybe not the best when I'm at home wanting to enjoy it in my lap. But for 6.99, single function is cool with me.

Gary

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my ipad today and all I can say is WOW!!. but consider this for a alternate stand. A document holder, that holds your papers while typing on the pc, it can hold a book if necessary, it's foldable and sturdy made of plastic and can be purchased at Office depot, staples, ect.

It is adjustable and will support the ipad in both positions that you may want to view in, for me it's perfect. Cost under $20 and is very sturdy but light and foldable to boot.:D

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my ipad today and all I can say is WOW!!. but consider this for a alternate stand. A document holder, that holds your papers while typing on the pc, it can hold a book if necessary, it's foldable and sturdy made of plastic and can be purchased at Office depot, staples, ect.

It is adjustable and will support the ipad in both positions that you may want to view in, for me it's perfect. Cost under $20 and is very sturdy but light and foldable to boot.:D

You mean this thing?
7014.jpg

On eBay for €1,00 or new for €6,00
:D

Most reactions

Latest posts