1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad keeps resetting itself

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by jorgevidaurre, Apr 5, 2014.

1. jorgevidaurre

jorgevidaurre iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello forum,

I have an ipad 1 with the latest ios available for it the ios 5.1.1. It keeps resetting itself randomly at will-really annoying-. What can I do to stop this ipad from resetting itself randomly?

Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,

Jorge Vidaurre
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,852 / 1
    Hi, Jorge! Welcome to iPF!

Maybe this will help a bit:

Force close apps - double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar. Then tap and hold one of the apps there until they start to wiggle and delete them all. This should be done regularly.

Go to Settings - Safari and clear your History, and Cookies and Data. Also delete Website Data.

Restart you iPad - turn it off, wait for a few minutes and turn it on again.

Reset it - press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.
  3. jorgevidaurre

jorgevidaurre iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks J.A.. Did what you said. iPad keeps resetting itself. What can I do to prevent it from resetting itself?
  4. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,852 / 1
    Here are a few things you could try as well:

Reset all Settings in Settings. I'm not sure where it can be found on the original iPad, because I never owned it. On an iPad 2 and onwards, it's in Settings - General - Reset.
    This will remove all settings you set up during use, and you'll have to view all your settings afterwards and set everything the way you prefer it.

Maybe an app is the reason for your resets. If so, you'll have to find out which one.

If nothing of the above helps, restore it fo factory settings and set it up again. In case you didn't back it up, do so before restoring: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414
  5. jorgevidaurre

jorgevidaurre iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks J.A. Did everything you just said. iPad keeps resetting itself. What can I do to prevent this iPad from resetting itself?
  6. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,314 / 0
    When you say your iPad is resetting itself, are you seeing the Apple logo when this happens or is your iPad crashing back to the home screen?
  7. jwt873

jwt873 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Plus, you should explain what is leading up to the 'reset'. Are you just staring at the screen when it happens, or are you trying to run apps? And if so, do all apps 'reset' your iPad or only some ??