What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad / imovie

jeriabel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am new to ipad and have the new one. i have worked as a graphic artist for 10 years and am not new to imovie or photoshop etc. I am trying to learn imovie on the ipad. i have two questions, sorry if they have been covered.
i've downloaded both movies and photos from my camera but cannot find a way to include those movies into imovie. is there a way?
Next, can i proceed to edit that created movie on my imac. I have moved it into itunes and saved it on my hard drive but imovie, latest version, on the mac can't see it.
thanks,
Jeriabel

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately from what I know iMovie only works with videos taken with the iPad. I've seen a couple of threads where people are asking about it but there's no way yet.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jeriabel said:
i am new to ipad and have the new one. i have worked as a graphic artist for 10 years and am not new to imovie or photoshop etc. I am trying to learn imovie on the ipad. i have two questions, sorry if they have been covered.
i've downloaded both movies and photos from my camera but cannot find a way to include those movies into imovie. is there a way?
Next, can i proceed to edit that created movie on my imac. I have moved it into itunes and saved it on my hard drive but imovie, latest version, on the mac can't see it.
thanks,
Jeriabel

All of the video editing software outputs in mp4 format so it wouldn't matter which app you have. Try ReelDirector. Or perhaps the new videolicious app only for ipad2...which is free.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

jeriabel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. How about the second ?.
Has anyone succeded in continuing th edit a imovie created in imovie on the ipad on their mac?
I got it transfered to my mac via itunes but imovie can't see it.

OP
J

jeriabel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jeriabel said:
Thanks for the input. How about the second ?.
Has anyone succeded in continuing th edit a imovie created in imovie on the ipad on their mac?
I got it transfered to my mac via itunes but imovie can't see it.

I have another ?

Are there any settings for the camera? I wish your could increase the megs. The picts are aweful. The is no camera section in the settings.

OP
J

jeriabel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reel director works

Unfortunately from what I know iMovie only works with videos taken with the iPad. I've seen a couple of threads where people are asking about it but there's no way yet.

some of the posts said to try reel director to render the .mp4's into .mov.
I bought it and tried and it works great. my camera movies aren't too big. only a few seconds to about 30, and the rendering wasn't terribly long. And they went into the camera roll and right into imovie.
thanks for the info.

Pszilard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
photos.remektek.com.au
I have transferred movie from iPhone 4 to the iPad using the camera connection USB adaptor, and plugging the iPhone cable in there. Also done it with wifi transfer. Edited the movies on the iPad iMovie just fine. Lots of fun, in fact.

OP
J

jeriabel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What i want to do is take the imovie created on the ipad Nd move it to the mac and continue to edit it. Anyone ever accomplished that?

Pszilard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
photos.remektek.com.au
My guess is that you could imported it as a single video clip, which you could then split and edit, however I would not expect iMovie 11 to be able to import it as a project. To do that, I would import the individual clips and start afresh.

I hadn't tried this, just my expectations.

Most reactions

Latest posts