What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad display doesn't work!

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After restoring my iPad, my device no longer had video display! It only has sound. And I know this because I can push Home + Sleep/Wake to screen cap, then plug it in to my computer to view what I'm doing. Touch display doesn't really work either, so I'm stuck at a lock screen I can't see or use.

Can anyone please tell me a fix?

--UPDATE--

No help? That's okay. I got it.

Apparently the fix for this is: :mad::mad::mad: OUT OF ANGER, ATTEMPT TO TWIST YOUR IPAD UNTIL YOU HEAR THE METAL CASE SNAP OFF ONE SIDE. :mad::mad::mad: Then once you see the screen turn on, grow a huge mouth and learn how to smile. :D:D:D

I don't advise doing this. If this happens to you, just check your LCD display cable and see if it is properly connected. :p

**WARNING: OPENING THE IPAD TO REVEAL THE INSIDES WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY**

Or just smack the right side of your iPad until the cable is back in place. (This does hurt your wrist.)

I'm excited to have my :ipad-back:, and now this :ipad-case: is closed. ;)

Thank you Tim for your help and moving this to the appropriate forum!!

- g0ldt00thgr1n from XDA Developers

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reboot. Press and hold the Power and Home buttons for a long time - normally I'd say until the white Apple logo appears but maybe you won't be able to see it. About 20 seconds should ensure that the reboot process is started. The iPad will then reboot - it takes about 30 seconds and hopefully all will be OK.

Tim

OP
evove

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GAAHH Tim! I'm stuck in DFU now! Still, no sign of display working.

After typing that first sentence, I went ahead and booted out of DFU using redsn0w. So now I'm where I was in the first post.

Any more ideas Tim? Thank you for your fast response!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I'll move this to the Jail Break section, as I think it will be better dealt with by people there.

Tim

OP
evove

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, didn't even see that section. But this is relevant to the iPad itself. Not jail breaking. I saw this section suitable.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - there's a temporary redirect from the Help section, so your thread will appear in both sections for a while.

Tim

OP
evove

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet! Thank you for the help Tim. Hopefully my issue gets solved.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leigh is our jail breaking expert and I'm sure he'll be able to help. I know nothing about DFU and stuff like that, I'm afraid. He lives in Scotland, like I do, too so he should be around shortly!!

Tim

OP
evove

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll be waiting for Leigh.

OP
evove

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem had further progressed and now it won't turn on at all. I left it on the charger over night so I could work on it in the morning. Before this had happened I restored to 4.3.3 and the screen would come on for the restore. But turned off at the lock screen. But now, it's pretty much dead and tiny umbrella or iTunes won't recognize the device. When I plug it in to my computer, it makes a noise informing me that a USB 2.0 device has been connected. Someone please help me out!

Posted using my rooted HTC THUNDERBOLT Running Gingerbread SynergyROM Nightlies Latest Build.

Last edited:
OP
evove

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on my knowledge of android, if the kernel isn't properly updated, the screen, antenna or wifi wont work. I want to confirm if this may be a problem while restoring the iPad?

OP
evove

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of all these views, there has to be one person that knows a path to set me on. COME ON PEOPLE!! Contribute? :)

OP
evove

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No help? That's okay. I got it.

Apparently the fix for this is: :mad::mad::mad: OUT OF ANGER, ATTEMPT TO TWIST YOUR IPAD UNTIL YOU HEAR THE METAL CASE SNAP OFF ONE SIDE. :mad::mad::mad: Then once you see the screen turn on, grow a huge mouth and learn how to smile. :D:D:D

I don't advise doing this. If this happens to you, just check your LCD display cable and see if it is properly connected.

**WARNING: OPENING THE IPAD TO REVEAL THE INSIDES WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY**

Or just smack the right side of your iPad until the cable is back in place. (This does hurt your wrist.)

I'm excited to have my :ipad-back:, and now this :ipad-case: is closed.

Thank you Tim for your help and moving this to the appropriate forum!!

- g0ldt00thgr1n from XDA Developers

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been watching this post - hoping you could get a solution (and knowing there was no way I knew of to help you).

So, now? Yay! It's fixed.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help. You just had an interesting problem... But, very glad to hear you solved it (even if it was a tad unconventional! :D).

Marilyn

Most reactions