What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display Starting Problems

Paul B.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I have a problem with my IPad. I started it and the screen has a black stripe on the display with white sides. It also wont react to any kind of touching. After some time the screen got darker and now i can barely see the stripe.

I attached a picture of the screen.

Does somebody know how to fix it?

Edit: I just activated the voice assistant that is telling you, where your are pressing. And this still works. When I press where the time should be, she tells me the time. But she also says: The Ipad is not activated.

Attachments

• 20190420_125014.jpg
    20190420_125014.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think so.

Hi Paul - welcome to the forum! :) First, I'm assuming that you have an iPad Air 2 based on the forum posted - is that correct? Second, 'I think so' is not a useful response - have you cabled your laptop to a computer (if so, PC or Mac?) and what happens? Third, has there been any damage to your iPad, i.e. liquid spill, drop, or other? Finally, have you done a double-button reset, i.e. a Hard Reset in this link - let us know the answers to these questions and the result of a 'hard reset' - Dave

OP
P

Paul B.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Paul - welcome to the forum! :) First, I'm assuming that you have an iPad Air 2 based on the forum posted - is that correct? Second, 'I think so' is not a useful response - have you cabled your laptop to a computer (if so, PC or Mac?) and what happens? Third, has there been any damage to your iPad, i.e. liquid spill, drop, or other? Finally, have you done a double-button reset, i.e. a Hard Reset in this link - let us know the answers to these questions and the result of a 'hard reset' - Dave

Yes I have an iPad Air 2.
But I cant connect my iPad to a PC at the moment because I am not at home for a few weeks now.
I didnt dropped it and there hasnt been any other kind of damage.
And I tried the hard reset already. The screen changes a little bit each time I hard reset it. Sometimes it is darker or sometimes it is brighter.

Thx for your help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes I have an iPad Air 2.
But I cant connect my iPad to a PC at the moment because I am not at home for a few weeks now.
I didnt dropped it and there hasnt been any other kind of damage.
And I tried the hard reset already. The screen changes a little bit each time I hard reset it. Sometimes it is darker or sometimes it is brighter.

Hi again Paul - well, I suspect that you have some type of hardware issue which could be as simple as a loose cable - check out this LINK - you've done several of the suggestions already, so review some of the last ones - would be helpful to know what happens when cabled to your computer, but....? I suspect that you will need to visit an Apple store (or qualified Apple repair shop) for an assessment - keep in mind that the Air 2 first came out in the fall of 2014 (I replaced mine w/ a new Pro late last year) and the cost of an expensive repair may be better invested in a newer or refurb/used model. Good luck - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts