What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad dash mount

MelvinTopaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of you have and use an iPad dash mount in your car or truck. I'm thinking thee iPad will make a great gps in the car. I've been reading the reviews and it looks like the best one requires you taking your car radio out and replacing it with an iPad holder.

If you purchased a dash mount please tell where you got, how it's mounted and what did it cost also please fill me in on the good and the bad.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMG_0460.jpg

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I mounted Mine in my car. Makes an awesome GPS, big screen makes it nice and clear to see what you need to do and with the Navigon app for turn by turn directions it even tells you what lanes you should be in.

I had my iPad first generation mounted in from of my cars stereo. I have a Scion TC and the stereo has a door flap that you can pull down in from of the stereo so that the stereo is hidden. What I did was stick a piece of Velcro on the door flap so that the velco is visible when the door is down but hidden when I put the door up. I then cut a piece of hard plastic out that is the same size as the cut out for my stereo and could velcro it to the stereo door. With the plastic square in place I then used a $9 iPad suction cup window mount and mounted the iPad right to the stereo door flap.

It then became a simple mounting/unmounting process. Just put the iPad into the suction cup mount, and stick the suction cup mount to my stereo via Velcro. LOL i guess I basically just converted the suction cup mount into a Velcro mount but it worked really nice and was cheap.

At First I had thought of directly velcrowing my iPad case to the

I'm now in the process of coming up with a mounting option for my new iPad. I do like the idea of the one that is an adjustable gooseneck that just screws into the seats bolt that holds the passenger seat to the floor on the floor. It would then sit like how the police have their laptops mounted in their cars.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
If you don't have bluetooth already in your car but your car has an aux port, get a BlueTrip.
I use one in my car and all I do is change the stereo to AUX and the iPad sound comes out over the stereo.

When navigating with navigon i can still listen to music from the iPad and it then lowers the music sound when ever its about to speak so that you hear the directions clearly.

Most reactions

Latest posts