1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad Car Mount - Opel Astra Sports Tourer - am SOOO Happy :)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by angelusone, May 24, 2013.

1. angelusone

angelusone iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Guys,

The ideas on this website helped me to build my DIY iPad car mount, so I wanted to share mine with you.

I wanted to have my iPad in the car without having to touch the dashboard too much, I didnt want to deteriorate my interior :)
    So I bought the Arkon iPad cup holder: http://www.buybuystores.com/arkon-ipm3-123g-cup-holder-mount-for-the-new-ipad-3rd-gen-ipad-2-with-custom-fit-holder.html
    It's nice, cheap but the arm is way too short, so I couldn't reach the 6th gear when I was driving ;)
    I was a bit frustrated, so I looked in the car where I could screw "something" to fix my iPad holder on.
    I have found out that I could screw a metal 90° angle used to for doors and windows (0,70€) on my glove compartment's left side and as I can do it inside the compartment, if one day I remove it, we would not see the holes. Actually I used 2 pieces of metal as my iPad was wobbling a bit, so it's more stable now.
    There are holes in this piece of metal, so I could screw the mechanism behind the Arkon holder, now I can move the iPad the position I need.
    I said enough, please have a look :rolleyes: Let me know if you a have question

IMG_0519.JPGIMG_0520.JPGIMG_0521.JPGIMG_0522.JPGIMG_0524.JPG:)
    Last edited: May 24, 2013