1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad battery questions

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by MoneyGuy, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MoneyGuy

MoneyGuy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I've been checking around and am getting conflicting advice on a couple of things.

Some say you should run the battery down to almost 0% monthly, although I've also been reading that this is bad for the battery and it should never be run down totally.

I've also been reading that it's bad for the battery to use the iPad while it's charging, which is why the cords are so short. I have a 10-foot cord and do use my iPad while it's charging.

I trust the wise people here, so am looking for advice.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,032 / 1
    Running the battery down once a month or so it to keep the battery percentage indicator properly calibrated. Running the battery down will not harm the battery, but leaving it in a discharged state for an extended period will harm the battery. Leaving the iPad plugged in while using it will cause no harm. Here are the Apple instructions for proper battery care. http://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/ipad.html
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. MoneyGuy

MoneyGuy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Excellent info in that document. Thanks.