battery problem with new docking station

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by mygsds, Oct 26, 2011.

1. mygsds

mygsds iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had no problems with my ipad2 battery since I got it until I charged it last night on my new Apple docking station. I found no change when I upgraded to OS5 last week until this recent charge.

Usually I use the power plug that came with it or my car charger. My battery generally lasts a very long time. Today I started with 100% charge. I did not use it at all until I turned it on about 11 am and the battery was down to 50%. That seemed odd but I did a few emails and then closed it down. An hour later with no use it was down to 38% where it stayed for 3 hours. I now have it plugged in on direct cord charger and will test to see how long this charge lasts.

I am thinking this has to be the fault of the docking station although it is an Apple ipad product. I used it with my regular power cord and it did charge.

Any suggestions??

Pat

2. mygsds

mygsds iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update i charged my ipad last night directly on power cord charger and have used it all morning. Battery is down to 74% which is normal. Will try to use dock again tonight and see if it drains again but looks as if the Apple dock is the culprit.
    Pat