1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Quick battery question?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Smudge, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Smudge

Smudge iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brand new ipad owner. I am at 16% of battery of the new ipad and have yet to charge it. I am leaving for a flight in a few hours and will be unable to drain the battery and charge it back up. I know that 16% will probably not get me thorough a few movies. Can I charge it up now or am I supposed to let it charge all the way down until it shuts off on the first use before the first charge? Thanks!
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Charge it now, definitely, there is no memory effect with the iPad battery so no issues with partial charges.....when you have more time do a search on here for battery charging threads as there is some good info worth reading.

The Archangel
  3. singlestick

singlestick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You can charge it up now. The type of battery used in the iPad and other devices do not require that you run them down to near zero the first time you use it.

Happy travels
  4. Smudge

Smudge iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks...I was under the impression that I had to let it drain all the way down before the first charge.