What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick battery question?

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brand new ipad owner. I am at 16% of battery of the new ipad and have yet to charge it. I am leaving for a flight in a few hours and will be unable to drain the battery and charge it back up. I know that 16% will probably not get me thorough a few movies. Can I charge it up now or am I supposed to let it charge all the way down until it shuts off on the first use before the first charge? Thanks!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charge it now, definitely, there is no memory effect with the iPad battery so no issues with partial charges.....when you have more time do a search on here for battery charging threads as there is some good info worth reading.

The Archangel

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brand new ipad owner. I am at 16% of battery of the new ipad and have yet to charge it. I am leaving for a flight in a few hours and will be unable to drain the battery and charge it back up. I know that 16% will probably not get me thorough a few movies. Can I charge it up now or am I supposed to let it charge all the way down until it shuts off on the first use before the first charge? Thanks!

You can charge it up now. The type of battery used in the iPad and other devices do not require that you run them down to near zero the first time you use it.

Happy travels

OP
S

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks...I was under the impression that I had to let it drain all the way down before the first charge.

Most reactions

Latest posts