What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Apps, not displaying in Sync Screen

WarIsPeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

So got the new Ipad, and hit the credit card really hard getting ipad apps from I-Tunes.

They download them onto my PC, and sort them into:
iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Apps
iPad Apps

Only the applications that are displaying under the "iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Apps" grouping are showing up in the sync-me screen. I can't see the others, and so can't sync them over...

Suggestions?

Peace

gamal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps

This might sound silly and obvious but the apps in the sync-me screen are not divided by device category but instead by name, category or date. So, there is no way to tell which is which except to look for them by name. So, try to locate specific iPad apps in that screen alphabetically and see if you can find them.

OP
W

WarIsPeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might sound silly and obvious but the apps in the sync-me screen are not divided by device category but instead by name, category or date. So, there is no way to tell which is which except to look for them by name. So, try to locate specific iPad apps in that screen alphabetically and see if you can find them.

Um. Yes they are. They all appear under my apps tab in itunes, and are divided according to the above.

Only the ones that Itunes thinks are ipad, ipod and iphone appear in the list that the device can see.

It is not a problem of seeing the apps in itunes. The device can only see the apps as above.

I purchased some of those apps from the iPad and downloaded them directly to the iPad, and iTunes deleted them next time I synced - it transferred them to iTunes, filed them under iPad, and now the device can't see it.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you sync, they aren't separated into type, all the apps are listed in one list as the above user posted. When you click on your apps media, they are sorted, yes. But not on your sync screen, they are all in one list. They really need to change this so they are listed separately.

OP
W

WarIsPeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you sync, they aren't separated into type, all the apps are listed in one list as the above user posted. When you click on your apps media, they are sorted, yes. But not on your sync screen, they are all in one list. They really need to change this so they are listed separately.

Interesting. Keep telling me what I can see on my computer please. :p lol.

Clearly this is a problem unique to my machine, XP SP2. It works ok on the Vista machine, in fact is perfect. But same apps, same iPad, same deal... on this machine. Nothing.

iTunes can see the apps, but the Sync window can not.

The ones it puts in the top list, get synced, the ones it puts in the bottom list, do not. It is not all of them. I have the middle button selected on the view of apps, so it is thumbs, not list. I do not expect this affects it, but I cannot explain the relationship between how it is sorted, and what gets synced.

iPad.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts