1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Syncing apps with two PC's scrambles screen icons positions

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by dosto, Jul 1, 2010.

1. dosto

dosto iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm trying to sync apps between my Ipad, a windows 7 desktop PC and a windows 7 laptop. I can transfer purchased apps to both desktop and laptop.

However if I do an app sync on the laptop and then sync on the desktop, the box for app sync on the desktop becomes unchecked, and if I then check it and do an app sync on the desktop, my screen icons are all messed up and I have to rearrange. The same happens if I sync on desktop first.

It seems I cannot sync with two PC's without messing up my icon arrangement.

Anyone else have this issue?
  2. pik0

pik0 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    All iPads (and iPods, iPhones, and touches) function the same way. You can only tie each device to a single desktop. If you have iTunes installed on two different desktops, when you "sync" you're actually resetting it. If you watch what it says on screen closely, I think you'll see a bifurcated behavior.

This would explain why the app icons end up in different places.

Piko
  3. dosto

dosto iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. That would explain it. I had mistakenly thought that I could sync to up to 5 computers.
  4. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +454 / 0
    No it does not work as stated it is easier if only one computer is used then no issues
    Col