What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing apps with two PC's scrambles screen icons positions

dosto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to sync apps between my Ipad, a windows 7 desktop PC and a windows 7 laptop. I can transfer purchased apps to both desktop and laptop.

However if I do an app sync on the laptop and then sync on the desktop, the box for app sync on the desktop becomes unchecked, and if I then check it and do an app sync on the desktop, my screen icons are all messed up and I have to rearrange. The same happens if I sync on desktop first.

It seems I cannot sync with two PC's without messing up my icon arrangement.

Anyone else have this issue?

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
All iPads (and iPods, iPhones, and touches) function the same way. You can only tie each device to a single desktop. If you have iTunes installed on two different desktops, when you "sync" you're actually resetting it. If you watch what it says on screen closely, I think you'll see a bifurcated behavior.

This would explain why the app icons end up in different places.

Piko

OP
D

dosto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. That would explain it. I had mistakenly thought that I could sync to up to 5 computers.

Most reactions

Latest posts