iTunes Cannot Sync Apps to Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Kerean, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Kerean

Kerean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys.

Recently I have been facing this problem; my iTunes can no longer add new apps to my iPad. On iTunes, it shows as having been downloaded and installed on the iPad whilst on the iPad, it shows the app icon reflected as "Waiting".

When syncing with iTunes, I notice that the last step it reaches is "Determining Apps to Sync" and then the whole process just ends; so it suggests that somewhere along this process, the sync got aborted. Reboots of the iPad and itunes do not solve this problem.

On a separate note, apps downloaded on the iPad sync correctly to the computer (iTunes) but apps downloaded via iTunes can't sync to the iPad.

If I use the iPhone Configuration Utility to install the IPAs directly, it also works.

Something's wrong with iTunes somewhere...

2. becakmayat

becakmayat
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am having the same problem too here. Any help?

3. Midranger4

Midranger4
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
  4. Kerean

Kerean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi there,

Thanks for your input, but that thread seems to be for people who cannot download via the appstore on their ipad, whilst they can on itunes.

Mine is just the opposite (see first post); on App Store it works, using iPHone Config Utility works, it is only using iTunes I cant get it syncing. ibooks also can't sync, not only apps.

For Apps, I am using the Iphone Config Utility, for ebooks I now use Calibre direct. But these are just workarounds until i can figure out why itunes can't work!

5. Midranger4

Midranger4
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The waiting status is indicative of an orphaned iTunes download whether it be an app, podcast, etc.

Try the steps described in the thread referenced and let us know the results.

6. Kerean

Kerean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've tried the logging in and out thing but doesn't work....how do I check if there's an orphaned iTunes download?

And it seems like nowadays I don't even get the "Waiting" anymore, the apps just refuse to get synced from iTunes to the iPad

7. Semel

Semel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    In your restriction settings,is everything turned on like in the photo?

Attached Files:

8. Kerean

Kerean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Semel. I just cehcked and note that my restrictions are turned "Off"; ie all of the items above are greyed. Should I be doing something different?

9. becakmayat

becakmayat
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've solved my problem. It was the the application called what's app I installed into my ipad. The whats app alone is okay and fully functional but after I unistall it, I could now sync my ipad with my itunes.

10. Kerean

Kerean
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    For whatsapp/whatspad, I had that problem before, and reinstalling it solves the issue with sync. In that case, iTunes pops up an error message correct? In my case, there is no error message popped up.