What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad apps for *group* language learning: what works/doesn't work?

javamex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started another thread relating to individual language learning, but I'm interested here in any teachers'/students' thoughts on using iPads for group-based language learning activities. For example:

- what areas of language learning have you found group activities using iPads most effective for (vocal learning? grammar? pronunciation?...)
- what student-iPad ratio do you use/tends to be most effective?
- are there any particular types of apps/activities/features that you have found most helpful/engaging for group (language) learning? (e.g. ones that are more quiz-based, ones that are more/less interactive, ones that make more/less of multimedia, ones that use AirPlay to a whiteboard....?)

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm asking because I'm a developer myself and looking to develop some more language apps. I have developed one or two simple ones, but concentrating on individual tasks: I'm also interested in how iPads are used in groups and what people think does and doesn't work. Look forward to seeing people's thoughts!

Neil

Most reactions

Latest posts