What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from FedEx stating this package needed a signature and to expect them in the AM.

That is unusual for FedEx.

Out of alllllllll the people posting here, only YOU got a phone call from Fed Ex about this. Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way, way, way west in the Philippines, technically :) ... BUT my unit is being shipped to a freight forwarder in New York City who will then forward my beloved iPad overseas to me! :D

But if it is the other side of the dateline, is that not East (it is already Friday)?

So you will not get yours on the 30th! :( Steve-God Lies!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a call from FedEx as well. Seems they're having a birthday party for Earl Campbell - their oldest driver (turns 65 tomorrow). They wanted to know if they could send a piece of cake along with my iPad. I said sure!

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got a call from fedex as well. Seems they're having a birthday party for earl campbell - their oldest driver (turns 65 tomorrow). They wanted to know if they could send a piece of cake along with my ipad. I said sure!
roflmao :d

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from FedEx stating this package needed a signature and to expect them in the AM.

Out of alllllllll the people posting here, only YOU got a phone call from Fed Ex about this. Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

FedEx Atlanta is ahead of the rest of you in technology.

It is my favorite delivery company, followed by UPS then the USPS. The rest of them around here suck.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a call from FedEx as well. Seems they're having a birthday party for Earl Campbell - their oldest driver (turns 65 tomorrow). They wanted to know if they could send a piece of cake along with my iPad. I said sure!

Me too, their local driver is a hottie (that much is true!) and they wanted to know if she should deliver it in a bikini. I said "You Betcha!"

iPadawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alas, no FedEx phone call for me, but I did just get a heart-stopping "Action Required" email from apple.com...anyone else???

"Thank you for your recent purchase of the magical and revolutionary
Apple iPad.

We would like to advise you that your order is due to deliver on
time. You will receive a separate shipment confirmation email
today with tracking information for your order.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery, it
may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by
visiting www.apple.com/orderstatus".

Freaked me out because this was sent more than 12 hours after my shipping notification...sheesh...I'm not going to be 100% at peace until this "magical" and "revolutionary" device is safely in my hands.

socalpimp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Me too, their local driver is a hottie (that much is true!) and they wanted to know if she should deliver it in a bikini. I said "You Betcha!"

Me too! FedEx called and wanted to know if I would like a large Cheese Pizza delivered along with my Ipad.. I said no thanks since nobody else in the united states is being offered the same thing.

Dignan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

According to my tracking info I can leave the shipment release authorization form in lieu of an in person signature. Do you have any reason to believe this isn't the case?

dlt61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was picked up at 5:21 a.m. in Middleton, Pa. About 113 miles from my home. At 2:38 p.m. it is in Newark, NJ. About 295 miles from my home. Totaly crazy. :confused:

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too! FedEx called and wanted to know if I would like a large Cheese Pizza delivered along with my Ipad.. I said no thanks since nobody else in the united states is being offered the same thing.

Cheap buggers! As expensive as a 3G is, they could have at least added sausage!

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received an automated call from fedex for one of my two iPad orders for the other I received the following e-mail from Apple. I, of course cut the name and order number to protect the innocent.

Order Date: Mar 12, 2010
Customer Name:
Order number:

Dear ,

Thank you for your recent purchase of the magical and revolutionary Apple iPad.

We would like to advise you that your order is due to deliver on time. You will receive a separate shipment confirmation email today with tracking information for your order.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting www.apple.com/orderstatus .

For up-to-date information on your order, please visit our Order Status website at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just called FedEx to see if I could pick it up and he gave me this spiel about having to attempt one delivery and then I could arrange a pick up. I told him no thank you, that I would be sitting on the porch (prob. in my PJs). He then said that he had received at least 5 or 6 similar calls, and that this must be a very special "computer." I imformed him that this was an IPAD, and do you know that he did not know what an IPAD was? He said that he was going home a Google it. Unbelieveable!!! He must live under a rock. I started to tell him to not let anything happen to it between the truck and my house!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts