What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ppl talk about cc being charged. I just checked mine and I realized I ordered a Pizza Sat. but it was NOT put on my cc until today. That means if Apple put charges on my cc I would not know until Friday so I guess there is no sense in checking it anymore :( I want my ipad 3g sob, sob.

WHAT? After ordering an iPad, you've got enough left for pizza? Can I come over for lunch? :D

no sh#t. after ordering my ipad - im broke!..lol..make that one more for lunch!

What time should I be there?

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nobody has been charged on their cc. Nobody has been sent a shipping notice. Nobody is getting a Ipad on the 30th of April. I don't know what Apple is doing but it sure does have poor customer service.
If we recieve them on Friday I will be GLAD to apologize.:D

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nobody has been charged on their cc. Nobody has been sent a shipping notice. Nobody is getting a Ipad on the 30th of April. I don't know what Apple is doing but it sure does have poor customer service.
If we recieve them on Friday I will be GLAD to apologize.:D

You better start writing it because they will be delivered Friday.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calm down folks - I know this is driving all of us nuts!

Every time someone calls Apple to find out what's happening they're told the same thing - that we'll receive our 3G's on Friday.

When Apple changed the date on the delivery of the international units they announced early and apologized. Does anyone think Apple is waiting for Friday morning to announce "April Fools"?

Nope - we'll get the units on Friday. But I will add 2 things: One - for people who have last minute credit card issues they're not leaving much room for corrections, and, Two - from a PR perspective they could have handled this a lot better.

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score

And you're basing this assertion on what, exactly? Has Apple ever left you in the dust, by way of shipping or customer service?

You're just here to take a big dump on everyone's enthusiasm and excitement. Go climb a tree.

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to "dump on everyone's enthusiasm and excitement" it is just that other then saying the ipad will be here on the 30th there has been no other indications of them being here. Again, my apology.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to "dump on everyone's enthusiasm and excitement" it is just that other then saying the ipad will be here on the 30th there has been no other indications of them being here. Again, my apology.

Irene - take it easy. You joined this forum today. some of us have been on these threads - chasing this mad dog for a month now.

Think of it this way - only 2 more iPadless days.

I will say this, however, I just found out I have to go to a business meeting from 9:00 to 2pm on Friday. I told my 21 year old son that he has to sit in a chair, on the front porch, by the door until I get home. I advised him that if I come home to a "sorry but we missed your delivery" notice on a Friday afternoon - Friday would be his last day above ground!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Irene - take it easy. You joined this forum today. some of us have been on these threads - chasing this mad dog for a month now.

I will say this, however, I just found out I have to go to a business meeting from 9:00 to 2pm on Friday. I told my 21 year old son that he has to sit in a chair, on the front porch, by the door until I get home. I advised him that if I come home to a "sorry but we missed your delivery" notice on a Friday afternoon - Friday would be his last day above ground!

Mode joke:ON
Please don’t become a dad killer , just put is right hand in some serious acid so until the end of his life i will never enjoy any iPad
Mode joke:Off

or maybe pretend to be sick or be attacked for stolen your iPad

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mode joke:ON
Please don’t become a dad killer , just put is right hand in some serious acid so until the end of his life i will never enjoy any iPad
Mode joke:Off

or maybe pretend to be sick or be attacked for stolen your iPad

My wife is a Doc and a good friend of ours who is also waiting for her 3G on Friday has had a rotator cuff problem for a couple of months now. Over the weekend my wife was giving her a shot in the arm so to speak (joint shot) to help the problem. Per my instructions I had my wife tell our friend that she had to keep the arm fairly immobile - and that the worst thing she could do would be to do multiple back and forth / up and down 1 to 2 inch swiping motions with her fingers.

It took her about 3 minutes to make the connection and start saying "oh my god what am I going to do" over and over and over.

Let her off the hook after a few minutes - too cruel!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have dealt with Apple for any time, when they make a statement, they move heaven and earth to insure it happens. In this case, they have stockpiles in stores and warehouses that they have been moving 3G iPads into for probably days or even weeks. They have now assembled enough to satisfy the anticipated first week's demand. They have learn how to orchestrate the issue of new products with skill. Those with home delivery will get them as planned, within the limits of the delivery system. My only reservation is that I am not certain that the priority mail service will be keeping any before 10:30 delivery promises. I hope they do, because I have to be on the road at 11:00.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told by Apple rep that every time you check your order status or call Apple customer service about your order, you are pushed back one person in the queue to get your iPad 3G. J/K BUHHAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHA
The problem with that is that since all of us are doing it we would end up right back in the same place in the queue. ROFL
Slowly losing what little mind I have left. I returned the wi-fi iPad to BB today and going thru withdrawals. :eek:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Status change: Prepared for Shipment
Product
IPAD WI-FI + 3G 32GB-USA
MC496LL/A

iKimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait

Hi everyone... my credit card was charged AND I got a shipping notice :)

JUST KIDDING!!! Anyways, I have been following the forum for a couple of weeks now and I am just as excited as everyone else. I have been debating about what to get since January! I have to say...3G will be worth the wait!

I think there will be some people who will actually suffer from a little bit of depression on what to obsess about next once they get their iPad! :D

The adrenaline rush and excitement of knowing we will be some of the first to have it is quite exhilarating and at the same time it seems like the clock is very slowly going tick...tock....tick....tock....:confused:

The bottom line is that if you ordered before April 19th you WILL get your iPad on Friday April 30th. I got lucky and ordered mine on April 18th around 7:46pm... now that IS good luck!!! I made it in just before the new cut off date!! YAY!!!!:p

If you ordered on April 19th or later your iPad will ship May 7th or hopefully sooner if the inventory is available.

Thought you would all like to know that Oprah did a spot about the iPad and people who have the best jobs. One of her guests was a journalist who did reviews etc... and he told Oprah that he got his wifi iPad a week before release.

Oprah looked shocked and said ... YOU got it a week before? I couldn't get mine until the same day it released. She didn't seem to happy about it! We all know the power that Oprah has...

Needless to say.... EVERYONE has to wait! Friday is going to be soooo much fun. Can't wait to see the posts for tracking #'s and shipment notices... I truly think Thursday is when the fun will begin :ipad-front:

Thank you ALL for keeping me excited and entertained while we wait!!! :D

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have dealt with Apple for any time, when they make a statement, they move heaven and earth to insure it happens. In this case, they have stockpiles in stores and warehouses that they have been moving 3G iPads into for probably days or even weeks. They have now assembled enough to satisfy the anticipated first week's demand. They have learn how to orchestrate the issue of new products with skill. Those with home delivery will get them as planned, within the limits of the delivery system. My only reservation is that I am not certain that the priority mail service will be keeping any before 10:30 delivery promises. I hope they do, because I have to be on the road at 11:00.

And of course i believe you wana be on the road with your Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions