iPad 3: Screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by mirko86, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirko86

mirko86 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi !

I bought my first iPad, an iPad 3, this week and since i was in the Apple Store (in Milano) I'm thiking about the usefulness of a screen-protector or a smart-cover.

Do you you any of them on your iPad 3?

My iPhone 4 has always had a screen-protector, becouse I think that a cellular is more exposed to screen scratches: example putting moneys in the same pocket of the iPhone.
    But I don't know if a screen-protector can be useful even on a iPad 3.

What do you think ?

PS: I don't like the smart-cover. I think that it doesn't protect the screen, I think is unconfortable and finally I think that it can scratch the alluminium.
  2. Krysta

Krysta iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi mirko!

Congrats first of all! You may get a lot of differing opinions on this, but I, personally, do use a screen protector. I am too scared to scratch this thing!! I don't know if I would get one through Apple, because I can imagine them being pretty expensive. I actually just bought my first one today at Target for about $20. It's as easy to install as most likely the one you use on your phone. So far so good for me! I know Best Buy also sells them, but they are like $50. but in all fairness to it, it does claim to be pretty much bullet proof :)

Hope this helps your decision...I totally think its worth the investment :)

Sent from my iPad 3
  3. seneca18

seneca18 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I never used a screen protector on my iPad 2 but decided to bit the bullet and put one on my new iPad. I opted for the expensive route by getting a Zagg cover put on front and back for $55 US. I do not know if they are available in Italy but if they are they are great and can be replaced anytime for only $10.
  4. Docvan

Docvan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought a pack of 3 screen protectors from Amazon, but I was all thumbs when it came to getting one lined up properly, & when I did I couldn't get all the bubbles out that got trapped between the protector and the screen. So, I peeled the darn thing off and switched to using a capacitive stylus rather than my fingers.
  5. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,156 / 1
    Hi there. Welcome to the Forum!

Since there are many, many discussions related to screen protectors...we are going to ask that you refer to the Google Search Results here:

Screen protector - Google Search

With this-we will now close this thread. Thank you and we appreciate your understanding.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.