What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 screen protector need?

alinachao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the iPad 3 need a screen protector? Do you have one on your iPad 3?

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sleeka J..I think your ipad is new...so you don't yet don't know if it needs a screen protector or not...I'll suggest both of you to buy and equip a screen protector on your ipad...because if you don't...first few months it'll be fine but after that scratches will start to appear...try to look at you ipad screen from different angles I'm sure you'll find a few scratches...there's some scratches on my ipad because I haven't equipped a screen protector...the scratches will not cause any problem...but it's the best to have a screen protector...

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought 6 from Amazon, by Kolay, cost £5.99 , fitted in minutes. The first is so clear and well fitted I haven't had to replace it yet and that went on in September.Any marks just wipe off either with damp cloth or a breath and a hanky!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It needs one if you think it does. If you ever take it to the beach, or get around sand or dirt with your iPad, or let kids at it, it is a good idea. Since I never do any of that, my screens don't need protectors.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only answer to these threads is simple.

If your willing to take a chance at it getting scratched then go without a screen protector. If a scratch will drive you nuts, get a screen protector. They can get scratched and scuffed. It all depends how you handle them.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only answer to these threads is simple.

If your willing to take a chance at it getting scratched then go without a screen protector. If a scratch will drive you nuts, get a screen protector. They can get scratched and scuffed. It all depends how you handle them.

A scratch would drive me nuts, but I don't need a screen protector other than a case. I have a tall stack of tablets and the screens simply don't get scratched for me because I don't don't those things which can cause a scratch. It's pretty easy to avoid getting a scratched screen.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i bought my ipad got free screen protector but its cheap quality i prefer zagg but in my country the zagg distributor doesnt carry ipad 3 protectors for screen nor full body hopefully one day i be able to get the zadd hd screen protector:ipad-keyboard:

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
A scratch would drive me nuts, but I don't need a screen protector other than a case. I have a tall stack of tablets and the screens simply don't get scratched for me because I don't don't those things which can cause a scratch. It's pretty easy to avoid getting a scratched screen.

A piece of paper scuffed my ipad 2. Literally a single sheet of printer paper scuffed the bottom of the screen. The paper got between my smart cover and screenwhile shuffling stuff around on my desk Fortunately I upgraded ipads and dont have to look at that any more.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I have the ZAGG HD installed on my iPad and iPhone. Already I have replaced the one on my iPad as I did scratch it, but the scratch was only on the screen protector. As ZAGG offers a lifetime replacement on their screen protectors, it was replaced for nothing - I even got them to allow me to pick one up at Best Buy rather than shipping. I will always have a screen protector on my devices. As much for I have needed them as for peace of mind.

Most reactions