What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 battery

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I got my new iPad the battery has been fantastic. It came with 86% and lasted a couple of days for me. Then I did a first charge and again the battery lasted me 3 days. This morning after a long night in charge I noticed that it was dropping 1% every 5 or 10 mins. Was at 96% before I knew it. I'm not sure how the battery alga rhythm works but I turned it off and on and it's at 100% now. That's where I expected it to be for a while.

I'm just telling people because on all my iOS devices I've never experienced this.ive never turned my phone off and on for it to go back to a higher battery percentage.

Sent from my iPad 3

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
this doesn't happen often but I have had it happen with my other iOS devices where turning it off and back on gives it a better reading of the battery and in some cases higher but most of the time lower.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed what seemed like some funny behavior with the battery indicator too. I just assume there is some hidden bug in the most recent iOS.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed Boost Magic and System Status. Unless the battery is at 100% or 0, then the percentage of all three could be all over the place but each within 1~3% of each other. And I remember Skull said something about iPad battery indicator is particularly inaccurate at high % due to charging algorithm and battery protection.

As I write this, my iPad showed 94%, Boost Magic showed 92% and System Status showed 90%. But when it goes down, they gradually converge to the same number. Battery indicator algorithm is just an approximation so don't go to court with your numbers.

Last edited:
OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies. I was just curious because it seemed to be dropping at a fast rate. Since turning it off it lasted a while before it dropped to the previous 96%

Most reactions

Latest posts