What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3's battery percentage,goin crazy.

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was charging my iPad this morning and it finishes just now.After i unplugged it,since it says it's 100% charged and the thunder icon turned into a plug icon,i unplugged the usb cable.After unplugging it,the battery percentage turned 99% till i plugged the usb cable again..(the plug icon shows again with a 100% charged battery) then i unplugged it again and it happens again.I tried to reboot my iPad and it turned to 100% now while it's unplugged.Is this normal? should i let it check to an apple center?
I'm pretty sure i did nothing to harm the iPad,since it was in it's casing,and i have never drop nor hit it really hard.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was charging my iPad this morning and it finishes just now.After i unplugged it,since it says it's 100% charged and the thunder icon turned into a plug icon,i unplugged the usb cable.After unplugging it,the battery percentage turned 99% till i plugged the usb cable again..(the plug icon shows again with a 100% charged battery) then i unplugged it again and it happens again.I tried to reboot my iPad and it turned to 100% now while it's unplugged.Is this normal? should i let it check to an apple center?
I'm pretty sure i did nothing to harm the iPad,since it was in it's casing,and i have never drop nor hit it really hard.

There's nothing wrong with your iPad. If you leave it plugged in for a longer time after it shows 100%, it won't drop to 99% right after you unplug it.

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with your iPad. If you leave it plugged in for a longer time after it shows 100%, it won't drop to 99% right after you unplug it.

If so,then why does it go back to 99% after unplugging it then go back to 100% after rebooting it?
I'll keep an eye on it once i charged it again.But that was pretty weird..is that a damage from the batter or the OS of the device?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If so,then why does it go back to 99% after unplugging it then go back to 100% after rebooting it?
I'll keep an eye on it once i charged it again.But that was pretty weird..is that a damage from the batter or the OS of the device?

I've had the same thing happen, if I unplug the phone immediately after the charge level reaches 100%, if I let it stay at the 100% level for a time, it won't drop back to 99% for a while. It then takes 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour before it drops to 99%.

Last edited:
OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen, if I unplug the phone immediately after the charge level reaches 100%, if I let it stay at the 109% level for a time, it won't drop back to 99% for a while. It then takes 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour before it drops to 99%.

So it is normal? coz mine dropped to 99% just right after unplugging it.

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is very normal. Although the iPad states its It's at 100%, not quite. Leave it for about 30 minutes to an hour after it says its fully charged. It just a small flaw or something. Both my iPads are like that all my friends iPads.

LeDave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't happen with my iPad but my new iPhone 5 does the same thing with 97% and 100% variants. It works fine still so I am not worried.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if I let it stay at the 109% level for a time
Man you're getting a 109% charge? What you charging with plutonium
biggrin.png

Most reactions

Latest posts