What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drain

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had the same problem except: #1-it was sitting next to a Bluetooth keyboard. #2-Pad was total black. no, battery icon--nothing. and word not turn on. #3-charged it all day and night. and is still black and totally unresponsive. this is the 4 day of black screen #4-it is an iPad 2 and is 18 months old. thanks for any help, jjayofe
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Did you also try to reset your device?
Reset: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

If this isn't working:
Restore your iPad: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414
Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have had the same problem except:
#1-it was sitting next to a Bluetooth keyboard.
#2-Pad was total black. no, battery icon--nothing. and word not turn on.
#3-charged it all day and night. and is still black and totally unresponsive. this is the 4 day of black screen
#4-it is an iPad 2 and is 18 months old.
thanks for any help, jjayofe

Hello - well, sitting next to a BT KB may be coincidental, i.e. the KB usually will turn itself - was your BT radio activated on the iPad?

Now there are several suggestions, however, some battery power would be needed to perform these maneuvers; let us know if you any positive results?

Normally, if the iPad battery is pretty much 'dead', the screen may remain black for a few minutes and then take 20 mins or so to be useable (as quoted below from this Apple Support Article) - so you might need to visit an Apple Store or other authorized Apple Service?

In the meantime, let us know how you are charging the iPad, i.e. original 10 W charger? Have you tried another charger and/or cable? Have you tried multiple electrical outlets? Good luck! Dave :)

If iPad is very low on power, it may display one of the following images indicating that the device needs to charge for up to twenty minutes before you can use it. If the device is extremely low on power, the display may be blank for up to two minutes after plugging it in before one of the low-battery images appears. If you don't see the white charging or plug icons, try connecting to the USB Power Adapter included with your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts