What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 still worth buying

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought my first ipad2 recently, and am very happy with it, I am telling so many people how good it is.

Now my son wants to buy one, is it still wise to buy the ipad2 when I believe 3 and maybe 4 is out, are we missing out.

gwynsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Given that the new iPad (3) has a higher resolution screen and some enhancements with respect to the iPad 2 at the same price as the older model I would go for that.
On the other hand, if you do not need the hires screen, you might find iPad 2 at a reduced price. There is as yet, no iPad 4.
On the third hand (or foot if you prefer) there may well be a mini iPad announced in the near future, if you can live with a smaller screen.
I would wait until Apple have made their announcements tomorrow in any case - you never know...

Sent from my iPad 1,2 or 3 using iPF

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the 2 and sold it, thinking I could live without it. Well, 2 months later, I decided to buy a 3. Form wise, they look identical, even my old case fits.

The screen is amazingly clear. It is very fast. The camera is well better.
You can't go wrong with either, and if the extra $100 per model is a factor, then a 2 is just fine.

I do like my 3 but my 2 was great as well, the 3 was worth the extra for me. I wanted the better screen and camera and the 4G service ability. But I won't upgrade to a 4 when they come out(plus I suck at waiting another 6 months without a device) and a mini does not interest me in any shape or form.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the price diff, you get much better innards and screen with iPad 3, along with likelihood of longer firmware upgrades. If I were buying new, buying the latest model would be a no-brainer.

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agree with Kaykaykay, It just keeps improving. I have a 2 but the 3 is better. All up to personal situations. Both are GREAT devices and should meet all your needs. The 3 is simply an improvement with some great enhancements. You have to jump in somewhere...hold your nose and dive in. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Even though the ipad3 improves on some hardware issues, the iPad 2 is still a very capable tablet. We went with the 2 for my daughter and she uses it all the time and hasn't complained once. Got a great deal n it too.

If you have no iPad currently or find that the iPad 3 has features and upgrades you need then by all means go for it. However, the iPad 2 can save you money and is a terrific device in its own right.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks all for input, my question resolved, I bought 2 ipads 2 for my kids.

Most reactions

Latest posts