What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to buy Ipad2 64G

Bubbly56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me if the Ipad2 64gb 3G wi-fi supports having Picasa on it? as I would like to do my photo's in the same format that I have been using, and also does it have the standard Microsoft package (i.e. Word, Excel).

Also would like to know if anyone knows of any good deals going on it for price? and where to buy? I am looking for a Black Ipad2.

Any help and suggestions would be greatfully welcome.

Many thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me if the Ipad2 64gb 3G wi-fi supports having Picasa on it? as I would like to do my photo's in the same format that I have been using, and also does it have the standard Microsoft package (i.e. Word, Excel).

Also would like to know if anyone knows of any good deals going on it for price? and where to buy? I am looking for a Black Ipad2.

Many thanks

There is a Picasa app on the App Store (it's $1.99, USD - but there is a free Lite version so you can try it out). I don't own that app, nor do I use Picasa, so I can't tell you if the app is comparable to the computer program.

Which leads me to my next point. The iPad is different in that you can't just install programs from the Internet or buying them elsewhere. The only place to get apps (read: programs) is from the App Store. You can't download them from anywhere else.

So, there is no "standard" Microsoft package on the iPad. It doesn't come with it and you can't install it (it's not available in the App Store). Apple does have its three "like Microsoft" packages available in the App Store (Keynote, Pages and Numbers). With those, you can view/edit Microsoft products. There are other apps that allow you to use Microsoft files on the iPad....

As for price, I've got no idea other than to say that Apple has furnished units for sale on their web site that are generally a pretty good price. All I can suggest otherwise is to shop around.

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Bubbly56 said:

Many thanks

Regarding Picasa I am using the Picasa iShowPhoto HD (or so). Free when I got it, so I guess it's worth to look for it.
Microsoft package there is no such thing, however there are lots of apps which do support the Office family, some better, some worse, some require a stable internet connection, some work offline. I myself switched to work only with the Apple family (pages, keynote, numbers).
Good deals are pretty regional so you should specify...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts