What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 start up problem

vedangvadalkar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is on the 5.0.1 firmware and was jailbroken just to use retinapad.(ie no other tweaks installed). It was working fine but yesterday it ran out of power so i plugged it to the wall charger (12W) but it just won't turn on. First it displays the red battery indicator and then it continues the boot sequence by displaying the Apple logo then the screen turns black and this process continues. Last night i kept it plugged in to the charger for about 10 hours but the same thing happens the above mentioned sequence repeats over and over again. I tried restoring the ipad to various firmwares (7.0, 5.1.1, 5.0.1, even 4.3.5) using iTunes and also redsnow. iTunes gets stuck on the error message 21 and redsnow shows restore failed. Tried entering the reset putting it into DFU mode and restoring but nothing seems to work. I even used tinyumbrella to address this problem but still nothing. I have all the necesasary blobs for 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.1 But still nothing. It continues that loop and nothing else happens. Don't know what else to try. If there are any suggestions that can help me solve my issue i would be grateful. Thank you.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you mention Jailbreaking and blobs I've moved this to the Hacking section where hopefully you will get the help that you need.

Good luck!

The Archangel

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hopefully you have a backup of your device.

You'll probably need to use RedSn0w to re-restore to iOS 5.0.1 considering you have 4.3.5 and 5.0.1 blobs saved. Here's a quick guide here to re-restore from iOS 5.X to iOS 5.X.

As for an iOS 7 restore, the latest is 7.0.2, which is why you're having an issue restoring to 7.0.

If you have any questions or problems while re-restoring, you can always come back here and we'll try to sort it out.

OP
V

vedangvadalkar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i tried that method before and also after you advised me to do so but to no avail redsnow goes on to the step where it says uploading IBEC/IBSS and then the restore fails unexpectedly and says invalid logo.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It might be that one of your blobs are fragmented blobs, particularly the iOS 5 blobs since that was when APTickets were first introduced. If the device was OTA updated to 5.0.1 or came with it from the factory, Cydia will save only the blobs and not the APTickets, which makes the blobs pretty much useless at this point unfortunately. Try rebooting your computer and see whether or not it fixes it.

Also, when particularly does the invalid logo issue occur

OP
V

vedangvadalkar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to the apple customer service today and was informed that it is a hardware issue and i would have to get it replaced for 250$!!!!
Anyways thank you all for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts