What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error 37 - help!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Error 37 normally occurs if anti-virus, firewall, or anti-malware software is interfering. Did you follow the advice in the guide and disable all such software? What is your OS and what do you have running on it as standard?

OP
Y

yev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error 37 normally occurs if anti-virus, firewall, or anti-malware software is interfering. Did you follow the advice in the guide and disable all such software? What is your OS and what do you have running on it as standard?

I have Win7 64x, when i was restoring my antivirus was disabled. The issue is that it happens on all computers that i tried so far.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, all I can tell you is I've never known the above method not to work unless there is a PC problem preventing it. It's a tried and tested process over many years, many devices, and many versions of IOS. How many PC's have your tried? Do they have the same basic setup? Usually folks forget they have exactly the same things installed across all their PC's and that's the problem.
The other thing your problems may point to is a hardware failure in the iPad. One thing Apple are good at is helping n00bs, so if your friend takes his iPad into any Apple Store they will restore it for him using one of their Macs. That at least will rule out a problem with the device itself.

OP
Y

yev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He already tried Apple Store, they tried and could not restore it. Then they told him to buy a new one.

I am fix computers for a leaving so I have tons of different laptops and desktop. I tried on 10 different computers with different OS's and different configuration. Nothing helps.

Do you have any more suggestions that i can try.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He already tried Apple Store, they tried and could not restore it. Then they told him to buy a new one.

I am fix computers for a leaving so I have tons of different laptops and desktop. I tried on 10 different computers with different OS's and different configuration. Nothing helps.

Do you have any more suggestions that i can try.

Hmmm, that information would have been good at the start! The iPad has a hardware fault and cannot be fixed. End of.
Sorry :(

OP
Y

yev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, that information would have been good at the start! The iPad has a hardware fault and cannot be fixed. End of.
Sorry :(

If i replace logic board on the iPad will this help?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If i replace logic board on the iPad will this help?

On the assumption that the logic board contains the fault, then probably. Unless you can get one really cheap you mate would probably be better off getting a refurb. Even a refurb iPad2, which I understand are quite cheap.

Good luck with the repair if you go down that route!

OP
Y

yev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the assumption that the logic board contains the fault, then probably. Unless you can get one really cheap you mate would probably be better off getting a refurb. Even a refurb iPad2, which I understand are quite cheap.

Good luck with the repair if you go down that route!

Thanks for the help.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem. Is there a fix to this error which is found.

Did you follow the advice I gave above? Error 37 is related to firewall, anti-virus, or other software on your PC interfering with the process. You must disable it.

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could be blocked in 'hosts'. If you have run tinyumbrella and ticked a certain box then you need to untick that box. Or you can do it manually

Most reactions