What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2, searching for certain apps on itunes and none show

rolfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bought an ipad 2 a week or so ago, updated to latest system, but when I try and find apps like Demand 5, and iplayer, itunes shows nothing. Bit of a shame, as this was one of the things I bought it for.

Any ideas why I'm not finding the apps? I'm based in the UK, so shouldn't be a regional problem.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bought an ipad 2 a week or so ago, updated to latest system, but when I try and find apps like Demand 5, and iplayer, itunes shows nothing. Bit of a shame, as this was one of the things I bought it for.

Any ideas why I'm not finding the apps? I'm based in the UK, so shouldn't be a regional problem.

After running a Google search, I see that there is an app called "Demand 5" in the UK App Store. The description of it (in Wikipedia) says that it's a video on demand service, that the one you mean?

The same goes for the iPlayer app. It also shows as available in the UK store.

Which App Store are you searching? You say you're based in the UK ... Is that your App Store? If not, may I recommend you open a UK store account. Because they arent available here in the USA App Store. And, it matters on what account you have as to which store you access. It doesn't have anything to do with where you live, it has to do with which country your Apple ID is tied.

Marilyn

OP
R

rolfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, didn't realise the stores were not clever enough to pick up national ips. Any idea how to change app store countries?

OP
R

rolfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, just checked my account details and somehow I'm logged as Tanzania.:)

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to iTunes store. Log out of iTunes. Go to bottom of page and you will see a little round flag, click on it, select UK, then log back in.

OP
R

rolfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks FTS, had to do it a couple of times, but worked the following day after closing down the ipad and rebooting a couple of times, have now managed to install, Sky Go, 4oD, iplayer , Demand 5 and ITV Player. :)

OP
R

rolfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, pleased with the forum support, not a stranger to PCs and android mobiles, but ipad is new to me and takes a bit of getting used to.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts