What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad,not showing on the iTunes

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So yeah..i'm using the new iPad 4g,and as the title says,it doesn't show up on iTunes under device.
I've followed all the instructions from the internet.I re-install my iTunes(just to make sure i have the latest version),i re start my computer and my ipad,but nothing works.
Is there any other way to fix this?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to device manager and make sure your iPad shows as a valid device or if there is an issue..........I suspect the driver did not install correctly.
When I first attached my iPad 4 I had the same issue.........had to delete the device and force it to reinstall the driver.
All is well now.....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agree w/ the previous poster, i.e. the AMDS (Apple Mobile Device Service) likely needs to be restarted - check HERE for a more detailed explanation and instructions - good luck! :)

zerilos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes remains my only real gripe about the iOS experience. I've always hated it and wish they could make it more intuitive an experience as well as just plain fix what doesn't work.

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are using a pc, make sure the iPad is plugged into a usb port in the back of the pc. The front ports don't always draw enough power for the iPad to be recognized in iTunes. If it is plugged into the back, move it to a different port in the back.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iTunes remains my only real gripe about the iOS experience. I've always hated it and wish they could make it more intuitive an experience as well as just plain fix what doesn't work.

I dunno......
I must be in the minority......I really like iTunes. Don't seem to have any issues and I find it very easy to use with a lot of functionality.
I think it has gotten somewhat bloated though. Would be nice if you could choose installation options.

Most reactions

Latest posts